IGNORED

Impossible Mission 'possible' for TI?

TI-Til-I-DI

Still have my TI-99/4a from 5th grade. Am thinking about getting back into it and finishing some game programming goals I struck out on some 30 years ago. Was a TI version of Impossible Mission ever made? If Coleco had it then it wouldn't be too much trouble to go from there? Since I am JUST getting back into this, I will do my level best to keep the questions down to a dull roar... Thanks for any advice and help in advance!!

• Like 2

Welcome! :)

Hey, I know that feeling of wanting to complete projects you dreamed of when you were young... I'm still working on mine, an Ultima-like CRPG for the TI-99/4a! For the moment I'm side-trekked into some XB programming... (See the Wizard's Doom thread)

Anyway, looking over the game on MobyGames, and the fact it was made for the ZX Spectrum plus there have been several projects to port games from other platforms to the TI, I'd say it's very possible indeed. :)

Choice of platform is DEFINITELY assembly or some other high-level language to get the full capacity of the machine. Other 99'ers here can tell you how to even potentially turn it into a cartridge.

What's your level of familiarity with programming? Have you done any low-level programming on the TI such as assembly language?

• Like 1

Still have my TI-99/4a from 5th grade. Am thinking about getting back into it and finishing some game programming goals I struck out on some 30 years ago. Was a TI version of Impossible Mission ever made? If Coleco had it then it wouldn't be too much trouble to go from there? Since I am JUST getting back into this, I will do my level best to keep the questions down to a dull roar... Thanks for any advice and help in advance!!

Welcome aboard... and back to the TI realm. You know, newbies and returning users are expected to ask questions, no problems there.

BTW - I really love your user name... I wish I had thought of that!

• Like 2

Indeed—Welcome aboard. As others have said, there's plenty of help here: Assembler, Forth (TI Forth, TurboForth, fbForth), Basic (TIB, XB, XB2.7, RXB, MLC, TML, XBcompiler, ...), C99, GCC, UCSD Pascal...did I say Forth?

...lee

• Like 1

Welcome! :)

Hey, I know that feeling of wanting to complete projects you dreamed of when you were young... I'm still working on mine, an Ultima-like CRPG for the TI-99/4a! For the moment I'm side-trekked into some XB programming... (See the Wizard's Doom thread)

Anyway, looking over the game on MobyGames, and the fact it was made for the ZX Spectrum plus there have been several projects to port games from other platforms to the TI, I'd say it's very possible indeed. :)

Choice of platform is DEFINITELY assembly or some other high-level language to get the full capacity of the machine. Other 99'ers here can tell you how to even potentially turn it into a cartridge.

What's your level of familiarity with programming? Have you done any low-level programming on the TI such as assembly language?

I have DABBLED with Assembly via my Mini Memory 'Lines' program. I have two books on programming Assembly on the TI. I would like to get some good reading material on Video Game theory. Its been a loooong time and will probably take me a couple of years to get up to speed. I will have to decide soon if I'm gonna go olde school and hammer it out like I would back in the 80s or will I allow some of the cool upgrades/contributions to sneak in.

Another visitor? Stay a while. Stay forever!

One of those challenges I put on Ninerpedia: http://www.ninerpedia.org/index.php?title=Challenges

(if that was the Impossible Mission game you have in mind)

YEP, that was the Impossible Mission game I had in mind. I also think the Arcade game 'Track & Field' should be on the TI even though I own the Arcade version. I seem to recall that this WAS going to be an Atarisoft title that never made it to the stores.

Welcome aboard... and back to the TI realm. You know, newbies and returning users are expected to ask questions, no problems there.

BTW - I really love your user name... I wish I had thought of that!

Appreciate that. What I meant is that I WILL, read quite a bit and try stuff out BEFORE crying, "Hey howdya all do that?!

Indeed—Welcome aboard. As others have said, there's plenty of help here: Assembler, Forth (TI Forth, TurboForth, fbForth), Basic (TIB, XB, XB2.7, RXB, MLC, TML, XBcompiler, ...), C99, GCC, UCSD Pascal...did I say Forth?

...lee

May the Forth be with us ALL!!

• Like 2

YEP, that was the Impossible Mission game I had in mind. I also think the Arcade game 'Track & Field' should be on the TI even though I own the Arcade version. I seem to recall that this WAS going to be an Atarisoft title that never made it to the stores.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/239512-ti-sports-game/