IGNORED

TENGEN (ATARI) TETRIS for Sale

ph0x

Wow... first post and WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overvalued... *hands ph0x a flame retardant suit*

Even eBay is overpriced but not that badly. Cheapest BIN right now is $60 shipped. Auctions run $46 and up.

eBay link

lol yeah I had to look it up as well. I seen his asking price and was like WTF happened. I was about to toss mine up for sale haha.

Wow... first post and WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overvalued... *hands ph0x a flame retardant suit*

Even eBay is overpriced but not that badly. Cheapest BIN right now is $60 shipped. Auctions run $46 and up.

eBay link

I am not asking for that price per se. I am expecting offers. With other words, something below that price.
P.S. Love the Power Suit. It's so Bad! ;)

You are asking double ebay prices and where did you get Atari from?

Tengen was a subsidiary of Atari Games. For more info, check the Wiki link

Is this Natalie????

Nope

Edited by ph0x

Selling my Tengen Tetris for NES. This is the unlicensed version. Tengen was an off-shoot of Atari.

It is way better than the Nintendo one. Has more game modes (vs CPU, etc.)

Initial price is $99. Offers are welcome. Will shipping for free world-wide.

post-12607-0-59803500-1466727013_thumb.png

• Like 1

Ok so you are saying since Tengen made games for the Atari, you can Call this an Atari Tetris.

That's like saying I have an "Activision (Atari) Call of Duty" for sale. Don't forget RARE!

No, Tengen IS Atari (or was I guess). They never made a game for an Atari console. When Atari was split to sell the hardware and software parts of the company separate, the software portion, Atari Games, lost the rights to sell their games under the name Atari. So when they began publishing games for the NES (first as a Licensee and later on their own like this Tetris cartrige), the chose the name Tengen for their branding.

• Like 3

No, Tengen IS Atari (or was I guess). They never made a game for an Atari console. When Atari was split to sell the hardware and software parts of the company separate, the software portion, Atari Games, lost the rights to sell their games under the name Atari. So when they began publishing games for the NES (first as a Licensee and later on their own like this Tetris cartrige), the chose the name Tengen for their branding.

Pffft! Even I knew that - well, some of it. For some reason I always thought that Atari Games had changed their name to Tengen. I think that's how it was reported (or at least insinuated) in the mags back in the day.

• 1 year later...

This version of tetris is just fashinating me to end, thevs and co-up mode with a friend is cool but doing co-up or vs the cpu is even more amezing as the AI could make realtime decisions or predecisions in were to put those blocks(depending on where you did put your blocks in co-up), i like the russish music of it aswell,

the nintendo version may look and sound more presentible but it shamfully lacks 2 player mode,let alone vs or co-up mode ,it was just a lazy port, heck even the gameboy version did have 2 player support.

Eventrough nintendo was working on a 2 player mode for their nes version of tetris but scrapped it due time constrainments,but the 2 player mode can beaccesed via the gamegenie ,

But still,the tengen version was the most advanced version,nothing can top this.

This version of tetris is just fashinating me to end, thevs and co-up mode with a friend is cool but doing co-up or vs the cpu is even more amezing as the AI could make realtime decisions or predecisions in were to put those blocks(depending on where you did put your blocks in co-up), i like the russish music of it aswell,

the nintendo version may look and sound more presentible but it shamfully lacks 2 player mode,let alone vs or co-up mode ,it was just a lazy port, heck even the gameboy version did have 2 player support.

Eventrough nintendo was working on a 2 player mode for their nes version of tetris but scrapped it due time constrainments,but the 2 player mode can beaccesed via the gamegenie ,

But still,the tengen version was the most advanced version,nothing can top this.

Kind of strange you would wake up a nearly 2 year old overpriced into begging sales post about the game.

You are right though as he was, but shady about it as Tengen was Atari to get around doing what they did. And yes the NES version was rushed out lazy garbage that even had code hidden within for a 2P mode that was shut out. You can even read up on that and get a patch someone did to activate that setup which is pretty nice. I do agree stock the Tengen Tetris is the superior package and it's the one along with the manual and big sleeve I've held onto for years now aside from the original Game Boy release.

• 5 years later...
6 hours ago, Crash98 said:

phOx do you still want to sell the game?

You have a few laughing at your post, but I don't think the site notifies for it, but it does on quotes.

What's wrong with you?  Do you have a sense of time?  I mean this couldn't be some FOMO moment over a rarity which it isn't, as this is a 7 year old post, not 7 minutes.   2016 not 2023.