IGNORED

Help me decide on what homebrew to get.

MrBeefy

So looking to treat myself for my birthday with some 7800 love. I already own: Jr package, packaging collection, b@nq, space invaders, and beef drop.

I'm definitely going to get super pac. But I've been away for a bit so not sure what I should get. Give me you opinion and why it should be my next pick!

Astro Blaster. Frenzy Or Scramble...

Hell buy all 3!!

Or maybe Dungeon Stalker?

It depends on what you like. I would say watch you tube vids of gameplay and determine what is right for you!

See I like berserk so frenzy was up there. But I wasn't sure I wanted something that I didn't already kind of have. I've looked at bids and that's why I did this thread. See what others thought :)

So looking to treat myself for my birthday with some 7800 love. I already own: Jr package, packaging collection, b@nq, space invaders, and beef drop.

I'm definitely going to get super pac. But I've been away for a bit so not sure what I should get. Give me you opinion and why it should be my next pick!

Get them all ?

See I like berserk so frenzy was up there. But I wasn't sure I wanted something that I didn't already kind of have. I've looked at bids and that's why I did this thread. See what others thought :)

Berserk and Frenzy are both on the same cart.. Oh with voice too!!

I already own: Jr package, packaging collection,

Jr package? Don't know about yours, but my "package" is extra large! :rolling:

http://stardust4ever.deviantart.com/art/Joystick-Envy-355612342

If you're a fan of paddle games like Breakout / Arkanoid, you'll love Crazy Brix. Also one of my more recent homebrew pickups, Astro Blaster, is pretty good, if a bit on the tough side. There's more homebrews in the works that are waiting on Pokeys like Bentley Bear and Super Circus AtariAge.

Okay I don't know how that works. Anyone got the rundown?

Okay I found it 5%. Sorry

Subscribe to the forum, get 5% off in the AA store.

Also on occasion Albert will post early access to games by way of the subscriber forum.

Oops, was I supposed to say that? :P

I had Fail Safe and Armor Attack on my PMP multicart and couldn't really get into them. The carts did not come with a manual because eight games would have required a massive print job. One of them is basically a remastered Combat. The other, I didn't understand the objective or how to play.

What about Failsafe?

A sequel/spin-off of the Atari 5200's Countermeasure, it is a strategic-action tank game with a deliberate pace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx27nkBsOxk

Download the manual and ROM here.

Depending on your game genre likes and interests, it may or may not be a good choice for you. I have no regrets with my purchase of it. Your millage may vary.

Please take note that the difficulty switches of the console significantly impact this game.

I had Fail Safe and Armor Attack on my PMP multicart and couldn't really get into them. The carts did not come with a manual because eight games would have required a massive print job. One of them is basically a remastered Combat. The other, I didn't understand the objective or how to play.

For FailSafe, see the above. Armor Attack II on the 7800 is a sequel of the original Arcade game. The original Arcade game was ported to the Vectrex.

Manual (and ROM) can be downloaded here. Controls for the game are affected by the difficulty switches setting.

IMHO, neither game is basically a remastered Combat. Combat 1990 is basically a remastered Combat; it can be purchased from Video61.

How is K.C. Munchkin? I sold my O2 last year, so I'm definitely interested in that if it plays well.

K.C. Munchkin was ported excellently to the 7800 bringing over the nuisances of the Odyssey2 original, including the grid-like maze movement. In other words, you cannot change direction until you hit the next section of the maze grid. For those only familiar with (Ms.) Pac-Man and the plethora of 'Pac' clones, K.C.'s movement may be misinterpreted as slow responsive or laggy.

Taken from The Odyssey 2 Homepage's review of the port:

"The game faithfully recreates the Odyssey² original, right down to the purple color scheme and blocky O2 score font. K.C. and the Munchers have been given a bit of graphical polish, but otherwise the game is strikingly accurate. You can even enter your name after attaining the high score. Like the O2 version, there are four built-in mazes – including the original's "invisible maze" option. You can also choose to have a random maze selected at the start of each level. The game even supports the "programming mode" of the original, which lets you create your own mazes."

It should indeed play well for you, especially being accustomed to the O2 original. As an additional bonus, you can utilize either the 'graphical polish' look of the game or the original graphics mode [Hold down the console's Pause button when powering on and release after the Atari logo screen].

• Like 5

Moon Cresta is the best. Get any of the 7800 ones mentioned before any of the 2600 ones. Especially ones made by Big Bob DeCrencenzo. The master - better than any of the original Atari programmers.

See I loved giving Devin feedback for KO Cruiser back when it was being developed so I want to get that. Stay frosty 2 just seems fun if it's anything like the first. Other 2600 options were like cave in, thrust+, skeleton+, or zippy.