IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - June 26th 2016

Pixelboy

Yup, this one is on my list of game to buy. Awesome job! One of these days I going to make a rouge-like game for the Colecovision.

If you don't mind a suggestion: Deep Dungeon Adventure is already a Rogue-like, so if you want to do something different but similar, you should do a video game version of the board game Hero's Quest. But don't just take my word for it, this guy makes a pretty compelling argument. :P

If you don't mind a suggestion: Deep Dungeon Adventure is already a Rogue-like, so if you want to do something different but similar, you should do a video game version of the board game Hero's Quest. But don't just take my word for it, this guy makes a pretty compelling argument. :Phttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx8sl2uC46A

I can make you a NES cart version of Hero Quest, if your interested Luc... It was a proto that was never released. but I dont know if its 100% complete or not since I havent played all the way through it yet. So far its pretty fun!

I can make you a NES cart version of Hero Quest, if your interested Luc... It was a proto that was never released. but I dont know if its 100% complete or not since I havent played all the way through it yet. So far its pretty fun!

I don't have an NES, but thanks for the friendly offer. :)

Some good news.

After fighthing for her health at the hospital for more than 50 days, my baby daughter finally came out today and she is now at home :) :lust:

I'm the proud father of Myriam Sofia :grin:

Thanks to everyone for their prayers! :)

Great News!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!

• Like 1

You dont have a NES?!?!?! *faints and hits the floor*

I had one once, but I sold it.

I guess now i know what to get you for Christmas! (Or do you celebrate boxing day?)

Don't bother, I wouldn't have time to play with it, even if I managed to acquire my favorite NES games. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to mention that I'm currently upgrading my computer from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, and today didn't go very well at all (had "logistical" problems with my backups, long story...) and I'm still with Windows 8.1 as I write this. Because I'm so much behind schedule, I probably won't be replying to any e-mails for a couple of days. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I will reply to everyone when my PC is back up and running properly.

I just want to mention that I'm currently upgrading my computer from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, and today didn't go very well at all (had "logistical" problems with my backups, long story...) and I'm still with Windows 8.1 as I write this. Because I'm so much behind schedule, I probably won't be replying to any e-mails for a couple of days. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I will reply to everyone when my PC is back up and running properly.

If you migrate to Windows 10.... it could be the very last message we read from you ... :_( :_( :_( :_( I mean sent from you PC!! :-D

If you migrate to Windows 10.... it could be the very last message we read from you ... :_( :_( :_( :_( I mean sent from you PC!! :-D

Very funny. :)

Okay, so I'm back. I haven't re-installed all my software yet, but I will over the next few days. I wanted to reply to all my e-mail tonight, but it will have to wait until tomorrow. I have to go to bed now.

• Like 1

I'm not one to keep using an operating system that is no longer supported by Microsoft, especially where security updates are concerned.

Windows 10 doesn't want to read the installation CD of my (rather old but still useful) Paint Shop Pro 7. Now this is a serious drawback for me, as I use it all the time for my Team Pixelboy projects... :(

EDIT: Can anyone suggest a good paint application? I can probably use MS-Paint for a lot of stuff, but I usually used Paint Shop Pro for resizing images, since it offered a "pixel resize" option that didn't mess up pixel colors when reducing an image by 50%, something MS-Paint doesn't do correctly.

EDIT #2: YOWSER! Windows 10 doesn't want to read ANY of my CDs, whether they contain commercial software or just CDs I burned myself! I'll have to investigate, as this situation is clearly intolerable!

EDIT #3: Okay, problem fixed. I just had to uninstall the driver of the DVD player on my PC. Once Windows 10 reinstalled it (after a complete shutdown and power-up) it was able to read my CDs and DVDs. Color me relieved. :D

"I'm not one to keep using an operating system that is no longer supported by Microsoft"

...best reason to use it!!!

I'm not one to keep using an operating system that is no longer supported by Microsoft, especially where security updates are concerned.

Windows 10 doesn't want to read the installation CD of my (rather old but still useful) Paint Shop Pro 7. Now this is a serious drawback for me, as I use it all the time for my Team Pixelboy projects... :(

EDIT: Can anyone suggest a good paint application? I can probably use MS-Paint for a lot of stuff, but I usually used Paint Shop Pro for resizing images, since it offered a "pixel resize" option that didn't mess up pixel colors when reducing an image by 50%, something MS-Paint doesn't do correctly.

EDIT #2: YOWSER! Windows 10 doesn't want to read ANY of my CDs, whether they contain commercial software or just CDs I burned myself! I'll have to investigate, as this situation is clearly intolerable!

I'm not one to keep using an operating system that is no longer supported by Microsoft, especially where security updates are concerned

Most of "security updates" are not. In matter of security , your software can nothing for you , it is just a question of user behavior. Just never trust your computer, OS , connection and hardware and you will be safe . :)

And if you want reduce the risk nowadays , use a discontinued OS. you don't have lot of security risk with OS/2 warp for instance! ... or a good old ms-dos :)

Most of "security updates" are not. In matter of security , your software can nothing for you , it is just a question of user behavior. Just never trust your computer, OS , connection and hardware and you will be safe . :)

If only it were that simple. It's not like I can monitor every single byte that goes in and out of my network cable.

And if you want reduce the risk nowadays , use a discontinued OS. you don't have lot of security risk with OS/2 warp for instance! ... or a good old ms-dos :)

There are hackers out there who specialize in discontinued OSes, mostly so they can use them as relays for carrying out their nefarious deeds.

If only it were that simple. It's not like I can monitor every single byte that goes in and out of my network cable.

There are hackers out there who specialize in discontinued OSes, mostly so they can use them as relays for carrying out their nefarious deeds.

Yes , it is easy , do like me. Remove the network cable!.

I have my main PC that has never been connected to internet. I have all my sofware on it , data ,etc...etc..

I have a old pc that is connected, that i use to browse the net , come here, download things. ... when i very rarely need to transfert something to the other pc, i check content what i downloaded, transfert via usb key. Of course it is not 100% secure because an infected software could go on the usk key. But then you have to check , and be restrictive of what kind of thing you use.

Then to order something on the net, go to my bank account or else... i use the PC at my work that is extremely secured.

It limit the risks. But even if risk zero does not exists.

Try this one, really good and cheap !

https://graphicsgale.com/us/