IGNORED

PayPal help - email saying I need to claim a payment?

ScottyDont00

Anyone ever receive one of these emails and know how to complete the transaction?

I have gotten payments from a few AA members that state I need to claim a payment. Not sure what is going on as others have sent money through with no issues.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

..if you log on to your PayPal account, and press on "Send Money", or "Receive Money", there should be hints (?)

The transaction are not showing or showing as pending or on hold, but I am receiving an email from paypal stating the exact amount has been sent from them and it even includes a message from them stating what the payment is for.

Paypal customer service is useless as usual...

Warning: Always use their Official App, or log on to their website!

Don't click any e-mail links!!!

NEVER reply to any e-mail.

I've received about a dozen PayPal scam e-mails over the past year, phishing for my information.

Again, type in "PayPal.com" in your browser, or use their mobile app to log in to make sure you are at their official site, and not some scam site.

• Like 3

You better hover over those email links to see where the actual link is going. Don't ever click an email link from paypal. Even if it is legit, just play it safe and log in to your account. If you have real problems the easiest way to solve them is simply pick up the phone and call them! If an AA member gifted you, make sure to not let PP know you are sending them anything in return. Make something up like some of your friends are chipping in for a gift for someone or something stupid like that.

• Like 2

Did you confirm your identity with Paypal? They wanted me to send a copy of my ID or drivers license and some sort of other proof like utility bill so I could keep making transactions.

Everything is confirmed.

I've received about a dozen PayPal scam e-mails over the past year, phishing for my information.

Again, type in "PayPal.com" in your browser, or use their mobile app to log in to make sure you are at their official site, and not some scam site.

You better hover over those email links to see where the actual link is going. Don't ever click an email link from paypal. Even if it is legit, just play it safe and log in to your account. If you have real problems the easiest way to solve them is simply pick up the phone and call them! If an AA member gifted you, make sure to not let PP know you are sending them anything in return. Make something up like some of your friends are chipping in for a gift for someone or something stupid like that.

Yea I never clicked. I forwarded the emails to their fraud department... gone through the motions of trying everything on my end.. got to message them and tell them to call PayPal now sadly.

Ah crap, I hope mine isn't one of them. I don't feel like dealing with Paypal today.

Yours came through fine. I have already messaged the 3 people and 1 has already resolved the issue. Looks like it might be them entering my PayPal address incorrectly.

If someone has entered a wrong email, how could they possibly contact you with the correct email? Sounds like you've been had.

Not sure how I got the notification but I never clicked the links and all three have stated the same error was made. All 3 have resent payment as well successfully. Just a little lost time correcting the issue.

The issue has turned out to be an error copying and pasting my PayPal address in. All have been corrected.

I was one of these. Upon copying the email link provided for payment, it changed the link slightly upon pasting and I didn't notice the first go round. I cancelled the payment and resent to the confirmed good address.

If it's real, odds are you have to accept it as it's money from a curency you don't have set up to accept. I've had that happen to me in the past. Make sure it's right in paypal though and not from an external email. You will see the "claim" link right in the transaction window the same way you would see any other vanilla transaction.

..if you log on to your PayPal account, and press on "Send Money", or "Receive Money", there should be hints (?)

Did you confirm your identity with Paypal? They wanted me to send a copy of my ID or drivers license and some sort of other proof like utility bill so I could keep making transactions.

Ah crap, I hope mine isn't one of them. I don't feel like dealing with Paypal today.

Yeah this sounds shady. Seems more like a phishing email to me.

If someone has entered a wrong email, how could they possibly contact you with the correct email? Sounds like you've been had.

I was one of these. Upon copying the email link provided for payment, it changed the link slightly upon pasting and I didn't notice the first go round. I cancelled the payment and resent to the confirmed good address.

If it's real, odds are you have to accept it as it's money from a curency you don't have set up to accept. I've had that happen to me in the past. Make sure it's right in paypal though and not from an external email. You will see the "claim" link right in the transaction window the same way you would see any other vanilla transaction.

get a paypal.me, its free from their site no fuss no muss

example

https://www.paypal.me/osgeld/1

quit living in 2004

Got a similar email a few weeks ago. Noticed right off the bat the PayPal was spelled as « Pay Pal » (two words), and the two-tone-blue colour scheme of the logo was off by a few shades.

All,

Here is what happened. My PayPal email is one of multiple email address my company has changed me to over the past 2 years as they bought out the last company that bought out my first company. Somehow when the users who needed to send money copied and pasted it auto converted to current address which is why I received the notification. This has been the case with 3 of 5 who responded separately stating what the error was...

Solution: As suggested I signed for the PayPal.me and stopped living in the year I graduated high school from. Sorry I made you feel old or me seem young!

Thanks for all the inputs and funny one liners. As always the AtariAge community is there to offer assistance and back hand you in fantastic fashion.

• Like 1

Solution: As suggested I signed for the PayPal.me and stopped living in the year I graduated high school from. Sorry I made you feel old or me seem young!

r

Hell, the year I graduated high school, computers didn't have monitors yet (a printer for output), and had to be kept in a temperature controlled room, while the IT folk wore white lab coats. Telecommunication was calling yourself collect to let your family know you had arrived safely at a distant destination (collect calls were free if the person being called was not there), and disco's were still called discotheques (and the music they played was R&B ("Disco Music" wouldn't be introduced for a few more years).

Sonny had not yet met Cher, The Beatles were still in the top ten every week, and Keith Richards... - OK, Keith Richards already looked 110!

Mini Coopers were distributed by a company called "Austin" and they even had a station wagon mini called the "Austin Mini Countryman" which had a wooden trim body.

TV went off the air right after Johnny Carson (who had taken over the Tonight Show from Jack Paar a few years earlier)

It would be a decade before TI would introduce the TI-99/4 (and 3 years later the 4A)

You don't make yourself seem young, you make yourself seem pre-pubescent. (Then again, anyone born after 1970 should still be in Kindergarten in my mind)

Best Wishes,

Methusela

Edited by PeBo
  • Like 1

Telecommunication was calling yourself collect to let your family know you had arrived safely at a distant destination (collect calls were free if the person being called was not there)

LOL I use to do stuff like this in the late 90's. Most of my family were extremely poor and didn't have any long distance on their phones. I use to call my aunt and when asked for the name I would give my first name but for my last name I would give the location I was at and she would of course decline the call and then call me back as she had a long distance plan.

• Like 1