IGNORED

What ever happened to/with...

Omega-TI

Okay, finally getting around to testing this out... downloaded the TutankhamC.bin file and it does not work on the FlashROM99. Can someone please post a FlashROM99 friendly file for this? And Joust is floating around too?! :dunce:

(looked at the WHTech site and the FR99 Image Repository thread here and nada)

you need the C and the G, so ubergrom is it..

Which label? the black or green

Like 'em both, but would probably go with the green. Would look especially sharp on a beige cart I bet too!

@OLD CS1: I saw what you said about the G file, that's why I tried the C file. Still getting the hang of the different file types and all their exceptions. :grin:

(probably never will - ha!)

• Like 1

Okay, finally getting around to testing this out... downloaded the TutankhamC.bin file and it does not work on the FlashROM99. Can someone please post a FlashROM99 friendly file for this? And Joust is floating around too?! :dunce:

(looked at the WHTech site and the FR99 Image Repository thread here and nada)

Dude! (Anyway, I was trying to save you trouble :P)

That "G" file is a GROM. Not going to work in the FlashROM.

I'll start it off...

Back in the very early 1990's (a few years before the Internet came onto the scene) there was a Zmodem program being developed for the TI by a guy by the name of Gary Bowzer.

The Zmodem protocol would have given us the ability to call more varied systems, but it appears now from 2016 it did not catch on.

My questions are:

1) What ever happened to this protocol for the TI?

2) Was this just a stand alone program? I ask because I've never seen the Zmodem protocol incorporated in any other program.

3) Did it die because Xmodem was 'good enough' for TI'ers?

4) Did it die from lack of interest (few BBS users and fewer downloaders)?

I don't recall Gary working on Zmodem.

Jeff Brown was working on Zmodem though I don't know how far he was able to implement.

I gave up on Zmodem during my efforts to create a Fidonet mail daemon. Compression and other 'requirements' became too complicated to implement and the methods changed too often. The stubs were eventually removed from my BBS software. Also, for the TI at that time, Zmodem didn't provide much beyond the other multiple file transfer protocols including Mass Transfer's X and Y modem operations, standard Ymodem, and Ymodem-g. I have actually entertained removing some protocols from TIMXT, PORT, and S&T BBS for sake of simplicity in the current 'world'.

• Like 2

Does the DSK version of Tutankham posted a few days ago actually work....tried both E/A 3 and 5 to no avail. The C and G cart files work great under Classic 99, but really want the experience of playing this on original hardware for the first time.

You will have to load those files into a GRAM device to play them on a real 99/4A (or build an UberGROM image cartridge). Other methods won't work (mainly due to the size of the files, as it combines ROM and CROM (Parker Brothers GROM substitutes).

The files also load and seem to run just fine on a Geneve, using GPL.

• Like 1

Does it look anything like this ColecoVision version?

Except for the main character sprite being far less clean and detailed on the TI, everything else looks pretty much identical.

Since this is just a prototype, I'm curious to find out how far it plays...which means I have to do much better playing it than I did on other systems 30 years ago (otherwise I'll be dead after the first few doors and never find out)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The PB TUT game has been a Ti urban legend for over 30 years now. I would love to see it run in a cart.

You will see soon :)

post-24673-0-11497900-1479591625_thumb.jpg

My label used by Mr. Mantadoc is cool !!! :)

i also done e black label for standard TI shells, I share here if someone like to use it :)

post-24673-0-45621500-1479591923_thumb.jpg

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 4

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

As far as I know, there is no FlashROM 99 version. A version for the UberGROM was talked about at one point, but as of yet, I've seen nothing on that front either. That would make a nice little Christmas game for all of us old kids wouldn't it? :)

Just doing a little update maintenance on this old thread to correct out-of-date information so future newbies reading will not be mislead.

The FinalGROM 99 version of Tutankham can be located << HERE >>

and the UberGROM version of Tutankham can be found << HERE >>

• Like 2