IGNORED

Kickstarter -- New System Shock game

3 hours ago, Albert said:

Oh, man...

Yeah...I couldn't resist it. Pricey I suppose but then I've become a fan of LRG lately and now that they are starting to do other systems besides the PS4, Vita, and Switch and now starting to do PC, SNES and NES.... Well, my wallet is going to be crying for sure.

25 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Yeah...I couldn't resist it. Pricey I suppose but then I've become a fan of LRG lately and now that they are starting to do other systems besides the PS4, Vita, and Switch and now starting to do PC, SNES and NES.... Well, my wallet is going to be crying for sure.

When is the ship date? I'm on mobile and my data is throttled, so a lot of the site can't load correctly for me. If it's within a couple months I MAY purchase it, as it's in my cart right now.

They do not show an expected ship date or anything on this. Now that you mention it, that is kinda weird as all others I've pre-ordered in the past did have this info. But, LRG has never been a no show for me so I'm sure eventually they will have some additional details to provide on this.

If there was an expected shipping date, I didn't see it on the details page for the pre-order at least.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

I did notice that but haven't tried it out yet. Also the physical release was for the enhanced version of the orginal System Shock game not the new remake. I didn't make that very clear in my original post. Also, I got my physical big box copy in last week. Very impressive overall package. The game is in full DRM free form on a floppy disk with an Origin type label on it. The floppy disk is of course a USB drive similar to how Sigil was provided if you ordered that expansion for Doom last year. I also came with a small metal figure of one of the cyborg mutated human enemies and quite a few stickers. The soundtrack and concept art is also contained on the USB floppy disk.

The improved control scheme does make the game easier to play but the best improvements I think are the proper 16:9 aspect high resolution support (I play it in 4k), and the fact that the game loads up on modern Windows through a single application file. It also supports various rendering methods from a software mode, OpenGL, Direct3D and the mode I'm using..Vulkan. If it is using DOSBox or some other emulation method, it is very transparent and you can't tell. It still support midi modules as well so it has been really cool to play this game finally through a proper Roland sound module.

• Like 1

Arrgh, I completely forgot about the Limited Run System Shock.. I should have bought that, but that was right before PRGE and I completely spaced on doing so.  And of course, it's long sold out.  Oh well, at least I can look forward to my fancy boxed version of the Kickstarter version.

..Al

1 hour ago, Albert said:

Arrgh, I completely forgot about the Limited Run System Shock.. I should have bought that, but that was right before PRGE and I completely spaced on doing so.  And of course, it's long sold out.  Oh well, at least I can look forward to my fancy boxed version of the Kickstarter version.

..Al

And you know that in the future, LRG tends to hold quite a few of these back for replacements...and for sale at conventions. That is how I picked up my physicals of Thimbleweed Park well after it had long sold out along with the Wonderboy Remake on PS4.

Might check with your local retro stores. If they are half as cool as mine around the corner from me, they might have purchased a few of the boxed copies to sell? 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

There's a significant new update..

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock/posts/3019900

Looks like they are also doing a System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition, and will be releasing that at the same time as the System Shock remake.  Any Kickstarter pledges $30 or higher will also receive SS2:EE for free.  Really look forward to playing both of these games in order once released!!

..Al

• 1 month later...

I'm kind of late to the party, but I got around to downloading the demo and finished it. I really enjoyed it and I'm most likely going to preorder it. Anyone else here have audio hissing or crackling issues during gameplay? I checked Google and the results where mostly from a few years ago. Not a huge deal, but kind of annoying.

On 3/16/2021 at 10:57 PM, xenomorpher said:

I'm kind of late to the party, but I got around to downloading the demo and finished it. I really enjoyed it and I'm most likely going to preorder it. Anyone else here have audio hissing or crackling issues during gameplay? I checked Google and the results where mostly from a few years ago. Not a huge deal, but kind of annoying.

The audio sounded correct for me on the demo. But the original game has some purpose put in noise and hissing when listening to PDA messages on purpose. That is simulate the noise of day to day goings on the Citadel station and chaos later on.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I saw a press release from Atari that turned out to be an announcement of an announcement, but I noticed they're using the same PR company as NightDive Studios, who I think will finally finish the System Shock remake soon? They recently charged cards for merchandise. The people who pledged on Kickstarter back in 2016 were confused, because they already took the money for the game back then. Looks like a release date is still uncertain. 

No more crowdfunding for me, been burned too many times, also have too much other stuff to do anyway. 

1865556884_ScreenShot2022-06-22at10_34_33AM.thumb.png.a8459dcdf4588a1c54b75e205d0aeefb.png

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Albert said:

Funny, I just watched that video before seeing your post. The video really makes me want to play the game. :)

..Al

What kind of hardware are you going to play it on? Its good to see its not too demanding. I have a 2in1 laptop with a 3050 and a 16" OLED screen that I would love to play this on.

On 5/29/2023 at 8:35 PM, Albert said:

Looking forward to playing, it's been a long time since I paid for this!

..Al

I've backed dozens of projects on Kickstarter over the past few years. This was the only outstanding one I had. 

Some came a year or two late, but this one was more like 5 or 6 years late! I had honestly given up on it a couple years ago.

If this does come, I'll have 100% success rate on Kickstarter.