IGNORED

Found a flashback 3

Based on what Bill has said about Atari licensing vs Sega I wouldn't hold out hope. Much rather support any home grown efforts to recreate hardware.

Correct, I would not hold out hope for cartridge slots. It's an expense that's probably not worth it, particularly when there's a more modern alternative available. The Sega console product is as you indicate, a very different beast that plays by a different set of rules for a variety of reasons.

• Like 1

...a more modern alternative? It sounds like

Something Different

but I suppose you

Should Deny

what it might be. But for those of us who

Seek Diversions, it's fun to

Speculate Daily

what might be in

Store. Does

anyone know when the flyers for TRU come out? Only then will we be able to

See Definitely

what we're getting this year...

• Like 2

...otherwise, we'll have to wait

Until Someone Buys

the product to know for sure. I'm just guessing...

No. Once a retailer leaks, I'll be able to reveal all of the details. I'm going to push for a press release in advance of that, but that's not the usual modus operandi.

• Like 1

I'll keep an eye out for the new development.

I loved the Intellivision and ColecoVision Flashbacks. Intellivision for the controllers which work well on the class systems, and Coleco for the great games I liked (no Nintendo titles, but lots of games like Zaxxon, Venture, Space Fury... that was a fun little system).

Atari, well, I noticed the collection of games and sources were getting larger and larger. (So much so I wondered why the same 3rd party rights were not secured for the Intellivision? No big, Intellivsion still had B-17 Bomber, Shark Shark, and many other games I liked.)

Still like many here, not interested in buying a Flashback since the Flashback 2 when the cart slot hack was removed. What a shame I thought. And why would a company go through all the effort to change a board design after a release or two? Didn't make any sense. But if Bill says something is promising, I'll give it another look.

(I still think it would be great to have a Flashback with the SwordQuest series, complete with comic books, and fan made version of Airworld and comic book. That way the Flashback can brag "With Unreleased game AIRWORLD!")

I actually pitched something along those lines for something related. It's not really worth it for a variety of reasons, but nevertheless a fun idea to make an actual decent final entry in the series.

As for the Flashback thing, keep in mind that the Flashback 1/2/2+ were by a different company. AtGames took over the concept, but not the hardware design, starting with 3. That's why the internals changed. And yes, I'm very enthusiast about the new product for a few reasons.

There's a reason to get the Flashback 3+ boxes…. So you can cut out the "badges" for the games listed. There's a user over on Facebook who has laminated the Tempest badge and affixed it to his Trak-Ball. It would be pretty cool to do that with Crystal Castles, Missile Command, Centipede, Milipede, etc… Of course, if someone with such a box would scan them… :)

• Like 1

There's a reason to get the Flashback 3+ boxes. So you can cut out the "badges" for the games listed. There's a user over on Facebook who has laminated the Tempest badge and affixed it to his Trak-Ball. It would be pretty cool to do that with Crystal Castles, Missile Command, Centipede, Milipede, etc Of course, if someone with such a box would scan them :)

What badges?