IGNORED

Bandai Games ?

So after putting it off for ages until I ran out of other variations to buy,

I've taken the plunge and bought my first Bandai games.

Even though only the manual is in Japanese I justified it in my head

because I don't have many international Mattel versions with the slots for the manual in the back,

so that's like a box variation right? Sure.

So 2 things, does anyone have a list of all the Bandai games?

Cmart? IntvSteve? Rev? Jason?

I've figured about 25 of them based on searching online,

I actually have 2 Bandai consoles but I don't think that every game pictured on the box actually got made?

AD&D? Reversi? Royal Dealer? Astrosmash? etc

Also does anyone have any good condition CIB Bandai games they want to sell or trade?

I bought 11 from a single ebay seller in Japan so looking for more.

Thanks, Steve

(...)

I bought 11 from a single ebay seller in Japan so looking for more.

Thanks, Steve

So you are the guy who bought all those Bandai games. I negotiated savagely and for long time with that seller, but as ABBA sang:

"The winner takes it all

The loser standing small

Beside the victory

That's my destiny"

:lol:

Congrats, Steve!

I've hesitated pulling the trigger on getting these for years, too. I haven't worked up a decent page for Bandai yet, and have only been tracking info on these games ad hoc over the years. Here's the list I have:

http://intvfunhouse.com/games/variants.php?vendor=Bandai&page=1&perpage=50

So, lists and scans welcome, of course. Just don't hold me to a date for the big reveal of a page. :P

The kids on these are awesome. They must have been trying market to girls; even a pink baseball bat.

The only odd thing in the photo is that it looks like the baseball bat is being held backwards. I expect the hand to be around the handle, not the fat end of the bat. Maybe some people hold it that and I've never noticed. Japan is huge on baseball so the photo seems extra odd.

That said, yeah, I thought they did a better job of marketting for girls in Japan that the US. That's pretty cool.

I know this is a stupid question, but... what's a Bandai Game? Are they Mattel Intellivision games branded for the Japanese market?

(I've heard them being mentioned before, along with something or other from Brasil, but never really paid attention to what they were.)

-dZ.

Yes exactly, the game boxes are the Mattel international ones with the slot in the back of the box for an international, in this case Japanese, manual, but english text on the box, the overlays and cart are english too.

Digiplay on the other hand, which I almost completed recently, did all new different boxes, full colour brazilian manuals and brazilian language overlays and cart labels. Through some strange licensing deal they also released some activision titles and imagic ones, in completely different style of boxes.

Go on mercadolibre.com (brazilian version of ebay) and search intellivision to see these.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...