IGNORED

Pac-Man Collection production?

Turtlezz

Hey guys, first time posting on AtariAge! I hope this is the right place to post this.

I would love to have the Pac-Man Collection cart. Obviously, production of real carts ended years ago. I was just wondering if real carts would ever be produced again? It's not that I have a problem with using emulation to play it. I just love the authenticity of playing it on a real Colecovision, on my couch, with the lights off! I'm new to the home brew scene, as I only recently started collecting again a few weeks ago. I would love to have the Super Game Module as well, so I hope there is another production run soon :)

Worst comes to worst, I could always go to the marketplace. Two reasons why I didn't are because I can't imagine people who own a physical copy of the Pac-Man Collection want to part with it. I'm also sure it would be fairly expensive.

What you need is an AtariMAX flash cart, (http://www.atarimax.com/colecosd/documentation/index.html) by Steve Tucker. Then download the complete rom set from my site (cvaddict.com) and the Pac-Man Collection is in there and you can play it on your Coleocvision!

Yeah, I am aware of the flash carts offered by AtariMAX! I actually ordered Crystal Castles for the 5200 from the site over a week ago! Unfortunately, a flash cart is a lot of money and I just don't have the funds at the moment :/

There were a lot of carts made so some times one will come up for sale. These only came CIB with box and manual so if you see one without then that person made a fake one and is selling it.

There is the possibility that it will be refreshed and released again but no one ever knows for sure.

Opcode Games has plans to update PMC and SIC for use with the SGM, probably added some new features, and release it probably next year. It's no set in concrete, so if you come across one, go for it.

This would be amazing! Like I said, I really hope there is another run of the SGM coming soon. I feel as if I have missed out on soooo much cool stuff :( I want it all!

Yeah, I am aware of the flash carts offered by AtariMAX! I actually ordered Crystal Castles for the 5200 from the site over a week ago! Unfortunately, a flash cart is a lot of money and I just don't have the funds at the moment :/

I sold my copy of PMC last summer for over $500. The flash cart is going to save you money.

This would be amazing! Like I said, I really hope there is another run of the SGM coming soon. I feel as if I have missed out on soooo much cool stuff :( I want it all!

Then you better start looking for a second or even a third job, if you want it all!

You're in the early stages of a disease that will consume you if your not careful!

Seriously tho, you should reconsider collecting ColecoVision games if a $130 flash cart is too expensive.

Edited by Jaymiester

Then you better start looking for a second or even a third job, if you want it all!

You're in the early stages of a disease that will consume you if your not careful!

Seriously tho, you should reconsider collecting ColecoVision games if a $130 flash cart is too expensive.

Very true, the $500 Pacman collection is out of the ordinary and a lucky sell but many games are way over $130.

Oh believe me. I'm fully aware of the disease.

When I was younger, I was a HUGE collector. I had tons of stuff, and I was very proud of it. Unfortunately, I had gotten very bad with drugs..... and I sold 80% of my collection. For years, I stopped collecting entirely. Selling nearly everything I had was a huge mistake, and I will regret it for the rest of my life.

Eventually, I got clean, and became really good friends with someone who was opening up a new video game store where I lived at the time. He now has a store that has quadruple the amount of space the original store had, and he's very thankful that I've been with him since the beginning. He actually gave me an Atari 800XL, a 1025 Atari Printer, and a 1050 Atari Disk Drive... for free! He also gives me great deals, since I've started collecting again.

Wow, a lot of personal stuff there. Not the best place to properly introduce myself, but I figured I would share it :) Thanks for all the replies guys. I will most likely get a flashcart from ATARIMAX when I have more than enough funds :)

Edited by Turtlezz

That is true, we have new runs of SGMs and PMC planned for later this year, Grazi will post details here soon. But yes, PMC will be SGM and SGC (Super Game Cartridge) enhanced, in ways that aren't too obvious...

• Like 1

I can tell you from experience, it's extremely gratifying to be able to see and touch all the games you wanted in your youth, but couldn't afford or have at the time. I thoroughly enjoy my collection on a daily basis and I hope your get a chance to experience the same sensation. Best of luck with your collecting and welcome to AtariAge!

I am the same way about my collection, I even enjoy just holding the goodies in my hand and looking at the boxes, and always forgeting just how big the Coleco Vision is compared to my PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4. and even holding the controlers that are over 30 years old.

• Like 1