IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - THERE.

RSS Bot

The last few days, I went back and tried to fix the Mr. Ultra 2 code. I was having trouble with it. I could have sworn I tried this method before, but I did it again and what do you know? I FIXED IT. The problem I was having? Well, after you jump over a veggie, another one automatically came into place. This caused the holes as well as other enemies to be out of a usual spot if you paused or moved weirdly, starting and stopping. This way, the way I fixed it, is that objects always come at the exact place, no matter if you start or stop or just plow through. I spent two hours past my bedtime and was unable to fix it (I ended up going to sleep at 7:30pm instead of the usual 5:30) But this morning, when I woke up, I decided to tackle it again. I think the problem was I wasn't making the enemy's x position the same off screen. When it reaches 10, it's supposed to disappear. But it always kept showing up again. So I forced it at 9 until I was ready to call an enemy again. This did it. I don't have to do the same thing to holes since they move in unison with Mr. Ultra. This also, by the way, results in longer levels. Now I just need to make a level pattern for level 3, then I can work on level 4. This anger-inducing problem is no more, but I don't want to work on it any more today because I'm sick of it. Speaking of being sick, have you ever felt sick after playing too much video games? I played Mario Kart 64 and Dr. Mario 64, and an hour later, I felt kinda sick. Not throwing up sick, like my head hurting.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-13124-there/