IGNORED

ATARIMAX shipping question

So, I ordered Crystal Castles for the 5200 off of the ATARIMAX website. It's one of my favorite arcade games of all time, and although I own the 2600 version, it's much different from the arcade (due to obvious limitations.) I would have bought a copy for my 800XL, but the only one on eBay is like $80. I found the ATARIMAX website and was thrilled to see there was an 8-bit family conversion for the 5200! I ordered it right away.

Only problem is, I ordered it on June 22nd. Since then, I haven't gotten it. After a week, I grew concerned and actually emailed Steve himself. Unfortunately though, I haven't heard back from him. I know I paid for it, because the payment is on my debit card statement. I've been dying to play it, so so badly. But nothing.

I know Steve is trustworthy, and I'm not afraid I was ripped off. I was just curious if he takes a long time to ship things? I'm a patient person, but I seriously love Crystal Castles so much. All I want is to be able to play it on my 5200, and proudly display it on my shelf :(

I don't know about the 5200 Crystal Castles, but since it's not listed on AA, I'm guessing it's a homebrew. I know from ordering homebrews from AA that it takes a couple of weeks -- might be made-to-order.

I can tell you I've bought from Atarimax before; they're legit.

• Like 1

I don't know about the 5200 Crystal Castles, but since it's not listed on AA, I'm guessing it's a homebrew. I know from ordering homebrews from AA that it takes a couple of weeks -- might be made-to-order.

I can tell you I've bought from Atarimax before; they're legit.

Yeah, AA doesn't have Crystal Castles. ATARIMAX and Good Deal Games has it for sale on their websites, and that's it. It's a homebrew conversion of the Atari 8-bit version. I actually ordered Zippy the Porcupine from the AA store 5 days ago, and haven't heard anything since besides the obvious Order Confirmation email. I didn't post this with the idea that ATARIMAX wasn't legit, but I appreciate further cementing it for the sake of my sanity! Haha

Steve is a really great guy, I have purchased a ColecoVision, Atari 5200 and Atari 8 bit Atarimax carts from him, sometimes it take some time if he is away on business or vacation with his family.

I had read a good amount of testimonials before I ordered, and with all the stuff he has on his website, I got good vibes immediately. Thanks for the info, if he's busy with family I hope he's having a great time. If it's business, well, then good luck to him ;)

Sorry for the double post, but it's for a good reason (I swear!)

Steve emailed me 3 hours ago (11:54 PM EST) letting me know that the item will ship through USPS in the morning!!! He said the item was back-ordered.

So a mod can now close, delete, or leave this thread to rot ;)