IGNORED

Millipede 5200

rushguy

So, do you plan to have this in the AA Store, Al?

Would love for this to end up in the store and will definitely order a box from Marc. I've purchased several boxes from him and have never been disappointed. Quality all the way!

• Like 1

Wow, I can use a 2600 Trackball on this if I have a Redemption adapter? I have both, must give it a try, once I get one of my 5200s repaired (again.)

There's one thing that sticks out in this version which looks like it's incomplete - near the end of some levels, some insects will come out, particularly the one that walks along the bottom of the screen, and the next millipede doesn't appear until they're all gone. The arcade game and 2600 versions aren't like this.

Does the 8-bit version do this too? Hope I've expressed myself clearly enough ;-)

• Like 1

Just spent a few minutes playing Millipede with the wonderful 5200 Trak-Ball controller. Really plays great, although wish I could modify the sensitivity of the Trak-Ball (like you can do with a mouse on your computer), as i'd make it a bit faster.. Here's a photo I just took of a cart:

5200_Millipede_Cart.jpg

..Al

• Like 8

I like Millipede on the 5200, but it's not as polished as Centipede. The latter has smoother animation, better audio, very much like the arcade, and the controls are tuned just perfect with the trak-ball. If Millipede could have been more polished it would be the superior game IMO due to the extra variables and the DDT explosive is a nice touch.

If you are looking for a box :)

Those boxes are great, I've like 6 of them for various boxless 5200 games. I wish there was someone who could provide boxes of that quality for some of the Vectrex homebrews out there. I cannot stand those ex-VHS plastic boxes but I suppose they're better than no box at all.

I just got playing it with my Redemption 5200 with gold-plated CX52 (for the keypad) and 2600 trak-ball (the 5200 trak-ball is malfunctioning BIG-TIME) and it has literally brought my 5200 back to life and is one of my favorite games in my lineup, the trak-ball response is fantastic and this game is DEFINITELY a pickup that should be in everyone's 5200 collection, it's even better than Centipede was and that is a great game too!!! (I have had Centipede since June 1983, picked it up with one of my two 5200 TB units back then)

It shouldn't work unless it's in Joystick Mode. If that particular Redemption is based upon the MasterPlay, analog control shouldn't work.

However, it should kick major a$$ with the CX53.

• Like 1

It shouldn't work unless it's in Joystick Mode. If that particular Redemption is based upon the MasterPlay, analog control shouldn't work.

However, it should kick major a$$ with the CX53.

You've played mine haven't you? It's good. Not Centipede good, but good.

You've played mine haven't you? It's good. Not Centipede good, but good.

Negative, Sir. We got bogged down playing [team] 7800 Centipede TB with that CX80 and CX22 at the Davis Atari Party... You should've seen the look on Dan Kramer's face when I borrowed his CX22 for our match. But then again, he was occupied with his arcade Tempest rotary controller panel connected to his 5200 playing 5200 Tempest. That and that little kid that was obsessed with Dan's Reflex PS2 controller playing PS2 Unreal Tournament with it.

Edited by Lynxpro
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Negative, Sir. We got bogged down playing [team] 7800 Centipede TB with that CX80 and CX22 at the Davis Atari Party... You should've seen the look on Dan Kramer's face when I borrowed his CX22 for our match. But then again, he was occupied with his arcade Tempest rotary controller panel connected to his 5200 playing 5200 Tempest.

See if anybody can hook me up with that same Tempest Rotary Controller for MY Atari 5200, lemme see some pics!!! I'm major league-like into getting one of my own, as I am frustrated with how it plays with the CX52 stock stick (even though it's a Best gold one) and also I can't seem to get the hang of using the trak-ball for it, the rotary controller Dan has would be perfect for it.

Plus, I'll bet many more of us Atarians like myself who own Tempest that would want to get their hands on one too!!! If Dan Kramer only knew how much $$$ he could make producing them as much as Albert produces all the great products we get here, like my 2600 and 7800 versions of Redemption 5200, and also all the homebrews and binaries he and other fellow members make.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

See if anybody can hook me up with that same Tempest Rotary Controller for MY Atari 5200, lemme see some pics!!! I'm major league-like into getting one of my own, as I am frustrated with how it plays with the CX52 stock stick (even though it's a Best gold one) and also I can't seem to get the hang of using the trak-ball for it, the rotary controller Dan has would be perfect for it.

Plus, I'll bet many more of us Atarians like myself who own Tempest that would want to get their hands on one too!!! If Dan Kramer only knew how much $$$ he could make producing them as much as Albert produces all the great products we get here, like my 2600 and 7800 versions of Redemption 5200, and also all the homebrews and binaries he and other fellow members make.

We'll relay your sentiments to Dan Kramer but his project was more of a proof-of-concept. He had the arcade Tempest control panel wired to a CX53 to get it to work. It was clamped down on the table so it wouldn't get knocked over. He did it in about a week and the spinner was spinning the opposite direction. I should ask him if he resolved that but I think he had other projects to attend to since then. That and selling his *real* Super Pac-Man A8 proto which he had great success with. I say *real* because it was from Atari Consumer Engineering and not a *repro* like everyone else markets as a *proto*. It was funny that he had it available to play at the Davis Atari Party and had a styrofoam cup covering up the cartridge inserted into an 800XL to reduce the chance of theft.