IGNORED

Nuon Game System Talk & Discussion

17 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

Oh snap, NUON USB controller adapter preorder! https://controlleradapter.com/products/nuon-usb

I saw this mentioned on the Facebook group and just checking to make sure this is here.

Just have to say, with this, and the new games in DVD format for the non-N501 gamers, this has turned out to be an exciting year for Nuon gamers!

Thanks everyone for making this and the other Nuon areas (Nuon Dome, Discord, Facebook, etc) live with Nuon activity!

Here's to an awesome 2023!

• Like 4

NUON Resurrection Update

Authentication Solved. We can now sign homebrew to work on all NUON players. Thank you EdgeConnector!

Controller Shortage Solved. Thank you RobertDaleSmith and Songbird!

NUON Emulator - NUANCE is actively being worked on. Toxie is back in the mix and we have a few more new names in the mix. Still a work in progress the Emulator is doing better. It looks like we are going to be able to move forward with NUANCE in its current development environment without having to trash what we have. Time will tell. The Emulator people seem confident, I trust in this Go NUON!

Dev Kits - we are actively looking for NUON Dev Kits and we have a number of leads and at least one Dev Kit available, thank you Dragonshadow. This is Work in Progress. If anybody has a NUON Dev Kit or information on a NUON Dev Kit please let us know here or in the NUON Discord.

Interface for Homebrew testing. We have found out from Dragonshadow that the ability to load code to NUON is available through the controller and we are actively exploring this so we can develop a solution to test code without having to burn a DVD every time and possibly a SSD interface. We are also looking at Ethernet Mods to existing NUON units because the Dev Kits have ethernet ports. This is Work in Progress.

We got lines now into the VM Labs people and we are still actively searching out all NUON documents and specs that we can. Please let us know if you see this and have an idea about some NUON spec that we do not have yet. We are currently working on getting a repository of all this information but likely that will be a NUON-Dome thing... hint hint image.gif.9e543a658f1597ccd32a82f00238f572.gif

Games - the NUON Homebrew collection has been signed and is available for all players.

Edited by The Helper
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of the NUON-Dome forum Admins has been doing a deep dive on NUON History - talking to a bunch of people and companies that dealt with NUON back in the day.  Keep your eyes on this thread in the NUON-Dome forum for updates as he shares the results of that adventure

https://www.thehelper.net/threads/announcing-untold-nuon-tales.178704/

If you use Discord and are interested in the NUON - you should be on the NUON-Dome Discord

https://discord.gg/qrNNxdSDDK

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Songbird said:

Aries64 NUON controller adapter is open for pre-order! Use any N64 controller on NUON. Price is $49.95. Release date is March 15. Spread the word!

https://songbird-productions.com/product/aries64-nuon-controller-adapter/

image.thumb.png.ebe15fc9280659548b113209407d91a7.png

image.thumb.png.f102196a42967e5dba04f0159e7c9bfe.png

Thanks mate😎!

Order was placed!

I also spread the cool news in our german ATARI forum...

Cheers,

andY

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

@doctorclu what are we seeing to the left of the Samsung player and controller? CD case with a NUON sticker on it? I gots to know...

6 hours ago, The Helper said:

Port Extender?

20230307_144126.jpg.1202670a71f4d68d22fc06a3ee0a3d8d.jpg

Was hoping that would raise a few eyebrows!  :D   So that is a CD case that holds copies of the entire Nuon library.  

The sticker came from CafePress around 2018?   Doesn't seem to still be there, but should be again. 

• Like 3

On 12/11/2022 at 9:59 PM, AltRN8 said:

More homebrew? Funny you should ask!

https://archive.org/details/homebrew_202212

Has a rudimentary menu with a slight graphical glitch, but all the games should work. Once locked to CD-R now free to roam the DVD-R world. 

Enjoy!

Shout out to my Toshiba Bros!

Well this Toshiba bro got to try it out tonight, both the Doom and the Homebrew .iso.   Nice nice.

Doom I played until I tried running and got stuck in a wall.

Homebrew I played Seashell, Decaying Orbit (because I tried to select the Atari 800 and failed with the button combo with the bat controller)

And Chomp.

It was cool.   Would be interested in a menu with the few that didn't make it on the homebrew disc, like the music demos, 2600 Pac-Man, and maybe the Atari 800 emu without the button combo to select it.  It is hard enough to load as it is.

But the fire button still needs to be corrected on the Atari 800 emu anyway.

• Like 2

Tried the new version of Nuance with Tempest 3k. Finally got it to work. It starts but then when I want to start a level it freezes. Any ideas what to do about it?

This is the version that I am using right now, but it did this with the earlier ones as well.

https://github.com/andkrau/NuanceResurrection/releases/tag/0.6.4

1 hour ago, PeterG said:

Tried the new version of Nuance with Tempest 3k. Finally got it to work. It starts but then when I want to start a level it freezes. Any ideas what to do about it?

This is the version that I am using right now, but it did this with the earlier ones as well.

https://github.com/andkrau/NuanceResurrection/releases/tag/0.6.4

You have to go to options, go to vector objects and look at a couple and then go back to options, go to audio test and play a different song, then go and play the game. It's still going to crash after a couple of levels though because there's a bug with the audio. If you want, open nuance.cfg and change AudioInterrupts to Disabled and you can play through the whole game but no sound, but it won't crash. You still have to go to vector objects first though.

Edited by mb13081
  • Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 6:57 AM, Songbird said:

Aries64 NUON controller adapter is open for pre-order! Use any N64 controller on NUON. Price is $49.95. Release date is March 15. Spread the word!

https://songbird-productions.com/product/aries64-nuon-controller-adapter/

We've already shipped about 50 units, and plan to ship another 50 in the next few days. Still have plenty left from the second run in case you haven't ordered yet. Looking forward to everyone's feedback on this!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Songbird said:

Looking forward to everyone's feedback on this!

I've been gaming a lot using these Aries64 adapters and the Nuon USB adapter the past few weeks. My feedback is they're both awesome. I'm using the Aries64 more so far because I really like the feel of the N64 controller I picked up for it, and I don't have an ideal controller to pair with the USB one at this point, but I'm also very excited about the future possibilities of the USB adapter (E.g., check out the postings on the Nuon Dome Discord showing off some USB rotary controller action paired with the USB adapter + T3K).

I'll probably pick up another Aries64 next month if they're still available. I've already hit my retro gaming spending quota for this month 🙂

Also, I mentioned it on the Nuon-Dome forums a while back, but not sure I mentioned it here yet: I added some basic joystick support to Nuance a while back, so check out the latest builds there if you've only tried the keyboard-only versions before. All things Nuon-input-related are better in 2023 🙂

• Like 4

@doctorclu, scrolling through some of your older posts, I'm curious if you have tips & tricks to share for getting past the boss stages in Merlin Racing adventure mode. I breezed through the first few levels pretty quickly, but can't get past the first boss race. He dusts me by like half a lap every time. Now that you have your Nuon back out, are you still able to make it to the later stages of this one?