IGNORED

Atari Flashback Portable!

ok, so it turns out Keystone Kapers is ok, which means that Pitfall! emulation is flawed.

Honestly, was there anything special with that cartridge? No bankswitching IIRC. I'm really disappointed with it :/ I should just return it for a refund, but I really want to support this. Mixed feelings. No wonder it gets so much negative feedback.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So let's talk about how we use our portables... Mine has found a constant place in my pocket. It's true that there are many great handheld gaming devices out there, but this thing last 4-ever on a charge. Also, I find the classic Atari games are much more suited to whipping it out for some short play while in line or in a waiting room. Those games were designed after the arcade games of the time and were either repetitive or very short in nature. I can even play through Superman in around 4 to 5 minutes most of the time. I can go a while on Asteroids and Robot Tank but most of the games play out fast or you die off quick. These games were quarter eaters and just perfect for most of the situations I find myself in. For me it is the perfect pocket game system. BTW... I LOVE 4k Pacman!!!

• Like 3

So let's talk about how we use our portables... Mine has found a constant place in my pocket. It's true that there are many great handheld gaming devices out there, but this thing last 4-ever on a charge. Also, I find the classic Atari games are much more suited to whipping it out for some short play while in line or in a waiting room. Those games were designed after the arcade games of the time and were either repetitive or very short in nature. I can even play through Superman in around 4 to 5 minutes most of the time. I can go a while on Asteroids and Robot Tank but most of the games play out fast or you die off quick. These games were quarter eaters and just perfect for most of the situations I find myself in. For me it is the perfect pocket game system. BTW... I LOVE 4k Pacman!!!

Bought a PS Vita hard case to protect mine, back at the beginning of the year. But it hasn't been in there in a while. Since July, I've been working on an updated ROM pack for the AFP. Had to wait and see if the new AFP2 was going with a new emulation program before putting more work into a bigger and better ROM pack.

I've done the same as you, I bring it when I take my wife to the doctor's office or whenever I know I'll have time to kill somewhere.

post-2652-0-26848200-1507863658_thumb.jpg

post-2652-0-23831400-1507863702_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Wow the PSVita case is a perfect fit. Too bad it says PSVita on it. Let us know when you finish out your ROM pack, and give us a list on what you came up with. Also, for sake of discussion, what is everybody's favorite game or games to play on your AFP? Mine top 10 are:

1. Superman

2. Donkey Kong

3. 4k Pacman

4. Asteroids

5. Beamrider

6. Pitfall!

7. Frogger (MB)

8. Missle Command

9. Yars' Revenge

10. Berzerk (portable hack by my hero Nukey Shay)

Mind you I play many more but these seem to be my go to games. I find it funny that only 2 of these are built in games.

• Like 4

Wow the PSVita case is a perfect fit. Too bad it says PSVita on it. Let us know when you finish out your ROM pack, and give us a list on what you came up with. Also, for sake of discussion, what is everybody's favorite game or games to play on your AFP? Mine top 10 are:

1. Superman

2. Donkey Kong

3. 4k Pacman

4. Asteroids

5. Beamrider

6. Pitfall!

7. Frogger (MB)

8. Missle Command

9. Yars' Revenge

10. Berzerk (portable hack by my hero Nukey Shay)

Mind you I play many more but these seem to be my go to games. I find it funny that only 2 of these are built in games.

Nice List!

Here's where I'm at with the ROM pack: https://1drv.ms/x/s!ArXu52QZivTrgWV5-_dtGbY8T0Lz

Green titles, work and are in the pack - Red titles will be removed (don't work, unplayable, etc)

Once the red ones are removed, I should be at 800-850 ROMs (max is 1030 ROMs - no matter how big your SD card is), and will have alot of room for "hacks". Probably will need suggestions of which hacks to include into the ROM pack.

BTW - I have included a Beamrider hack that does not flash in gameplay.

• Like 4

I just got my new 2017 Flashback Portable and I am having issues with the a/v out, it only displays in Black and white, why???

As for thr integrated display it works just fine and is an awesome unit, but when I plug it into the TV it comes out black and white. Please tell me how to fix it. Thanks.

I just got my new 2017 Flashback Portable and I am having issues with the a/v out, it only displays in Black and white, why???

As for thr integrated display it works just fine and is an awesome unit, but when I plug it into the TV it comes out black and white. Please tell me how to fix it. Thanks.

Try a different cable. Otherwise, contact the manufacturer.

• Like 1

Just tried out my replacement one, and good news......

in color!!!! YES!!!!

• Like 1

Just tried out my replacement one, and good news......

in color!!!! YES!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Nice List!

Here's where I'm at with the ROM pack: https://1drv.ms/x/s!ArXu52QZivTrgWV5-_dtGbY8T0Lz

Green titles, work and are in the pack - Red titles will be removed (don't work, unplayable, etc)

Once the red ones are removed, I should be at 800-850 ROMs (max is 1030 ROMs - no matter how big your SD card is), and will have alot of room for "hacks". Probably will need suggestions of which hacks to include into the ROM pack.

BTW - I have included a Beamrider hack that does not flash in gameplay.

Awesome, any idea when you might have it ready?

• Like 1

Awesome, any idea when you might have it ready?

I actually started to rename the files so that they may be displayed on the AFP screen correctly - and in order (even after they are sorted with software program "DriveSort"). I'm about halfway thru adding prototypes and have a request for a prototype to be hacked possibly in the works currently too.

Shooting for the end of this month to be released. There will be some exclusives included too.

• Like 3

I actually started to rename the files so that they may be displayed on the AFP screen correctly - and in order (even after they are sorted with software program "DriveSort"). I'm about halfway thru adding prototypes and have a request for a prototype to be hacked possibly in the works currently too.

Shooting for the end of this month to be released. There will be some exclusives included too.

Thanks, glad to hear, uh read it!

Edited by darthtron
  • Like 1