IGNORED

Price Check: Colecovision w/4 games

robbievgb

Local seller has a Colecovision with 4 games for $40. Games are river raid, ladybug, zaxxon, and donkey Kong Jr.

Only catch is it only comes with one controller and no power supply. I already have a good pair of colecovision controllers (another story) but I'm not sure about the power supply.

Is this a good deal even with the missing power supply? How much does a colecovision power supply go for these days?

Local seller has a Colecovision with 4 games for $40. Games are river raid, ladybug, zaxxon, and donkey Kong Jr. Only catch is it only comes with one controller and no power supply. I already have a good pair of colecovision controllers (another story) but I'm not sure about the power supply. Is this a good deal even with the missing power supply? How much does a colecovision power supply go for these days?

Is there any promise that the console and/or the controller even works? I'd guess not if there's no power supply included ... ?

I assume the games are cartridge only? If so, those four games are maybe worth $10-$15 alone if unsullied and you don't want to spend the time to track them down later. In my view, it comes down to whether it's worth $25-$30 for the console and the controller alone in whatever working state you know they're in. Or more than that figure, if the carts are junked up.

ColecoVision power supplies, I think, generally begin at $20-$30 (shipping included - they are not light) most of the time on eBay, and quite a few of those on the lower end of that range are untested themselves.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

This does help. I'm going to try and talk the guy down to $30. He claims it works just misplaced the power cord. The RF cable has a coax adapter, which I would assume means it's been played recently.

Like I said I already have a pair of excellent condition colecovision Controllers I acquired through another purchase with a few other things, so I'd only have to buy the power cord.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk