IGNORED

An Evening with Steve Wozniak

snicklin

Hopefully a video becomes available... the problem with such live events is you'd have to put up with the Apple fanbois. According to them, Steve Jobs invented anything of importance to computing with Woz as his apprentice/sidekick in the early days.

• Like 2

Hopefully a video becomes available... the problem with such live events is you'd have to put up with the Apple fanbois. According to them, Steve Jobs invented anything of importance to computing with Woz as his apprentice/sidekick in the early days.

I'm a Apple fanboi and don't think that.

Yeah I don't know where you get that.. NOONE on a2central (or the associated IRC channel), or in the forums at Apple2online, or in the Apple2 forums at vcfed.org (vintage computing forums) seems to have that idea. In fact, even in the mainstream, the various movies about Jobs' life story don't seem to portray that at all- quite the opposite where the apple II is concerned..

I have to say as a long time Mac user, that I credit Wozniak more than Jobs. (edit: yeah, I'm not a modern one, since I knew the Apple II).

Don't get me wrong, Wozniak wasn't building a business he was building cool devices.

He needed someone like Jobs. But that business couldn't have gotten off the ground without Wozniak, it could've started without Jobs.

I think Jobs grew into the job and eventually understood the role of CEO better than many CEO's, especially on his return to Apple.

Edited by Dmitry

There are some interesting tidbits outside of Apple. There is the whole Captain Crunch and free long distance calls 'blue box'<?> legend. His stance on hacking/digital trespass. I should know, but I *think* he created the first universal programmable remote control with a 'learn' function. That is, you could just point your existing single appliance remote control at it and it would remember the IR pattern coming out of that remote.

Ever see some one of those people who seem to be Zelig like in real life? That would be Mr. Wozniak if more at slightly off center of interesting events then the chameleon part. One of the first Silicon Valley wonder boys to make a wife rich in a divorce. Pretty sure it was her, wrote a letter to the editor in a local paper about being stalked by a cougar.<cougar being stalked by a cougar, you can't make this stuff up> I think he used to drive a Porsche and switched to a Toyota Prius, which he promptly got a ticket in for doing ~105 MPH. Plays Segway Polo. Just an interesting guy all around who keeps it fresh.