IGNORED

OPCODE GAMES - Castlevania for Intellivision - Official Thread

Well thats interesting they are making something to enhance the intellivision games. Almost all the the other consoles seem to have something in the works nowadays.

Yeah at 100 CAD for the game and 200CAD for the module before shipping which would be another 50-60 bucks I can not afford this. So I am definitely out. Not a problem with the price point or anything just that the dollar here is down and thats way too much money for me to spend on a game.

Not sure where you are getting your prices from.

In the AtariAge store:

The Coleco SGM module is 90 USD.

Two different Opcode games are 50 USD.

I don't expect much difference for their Intellivision offerings.

While I can relate to the exchange rate woes, your price estimations/exaggerations/conversions are way out of whack.

• Like 2

Opcode estimates their module to cost US$150, which is about CA$200. A game at CA$100, about US$75, might be high. I suspect the module will have electronics that might normally be on a cartridge, so there might be some savings there.

Edit:

And that does not include Canadian sales tax which I'm sure everyone voluntarily pays. : )

Edited by mr_me

I think Rev may actually be missing Eric now that he is selling all his stuff off.......just sayin'....... I will fill in for a while.

To do that accurately, you need to have a neighbor your fighting with, be on 5 different anxiety meds, complain constantly, troll incessantly, be on most people's ignore list and start 5 threads about your cat and/or dog.

• Like 1

Opcode estimates their module to cost US$150, which is about CA$200. A game at CA$100, about US$75, might be high. I suspect the module will have electronics that might normally be on a cartridge, so there might be some savings there.

Edit:

And that does not include Canadian sales tax which I'm sure everyone voluntarily pays. : )

Yes 75usd bucks is 100cad.

Sales tax??? Why? Never on a game.

Not sure where you are getting your prices from.

In the AtariAge store:

The Coleco SGM module is 90 USD.

Two different Opcode games are 50 USD.

I don't expect much difference for their Intellivision offerings.

While I can relate to the exchange rate woes, your price estimations/exaggerations/conversions are way out of whack.

They are about right. Maybe 5 or 10 dollars too low once the exchange rate paypal etc fees kick in. Plus shipping has doubled and tripled in the last couple years. I used to buy a 7800 homebrew game in 2011-2012 for 25 bucks shipping was 5. Now it is 10-15 for shipping. We are talking just a single cart. And no I am not exaggerating and out of whack. Kinda turned a guy off collecting unless things can be picked up locally.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It doesn't look too advanced for Intellivision on its own, but for sprites to be visible on top of that, they'll have to be fully opaque, requiring at least 2 colors each. Princess Quest is already comparable to this, but leaves most of the play area bkack so that you can see the sprites.

That's what my first impression was that it looked too "busy" to be an Intv game.

That's what my first impression was that it looked too "busy" to be an Intv game.

When I made that post, I wasn't thinking of the vertical stages in Princess Quest, which are pretty much the same as these mockups. The reason it never came to mind is that the single color player sprite looked fine while playing through those sections and it never felt challenging to make out all of the sprites in general.

Add in the fact that Princess Quest is much faster paced and action filled compared to Castlevania, I now think that single color sprites would be fine.

I think that the key to colorful and detailed backgrounds is using black for all of the details, like lining in comic book art. Those Castlevania mockups are doing the same way as those sections in Princess Quest, so it should work out great no matter what..

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I'm not sure if that's a good thing. The innocence and simplicity of Intellivision graphics were its charm.

Looks nice, but realistically it never would have been ported.

And the this meeting of the Killjoys in now in session.

Yeesh - you guys must be a barrel of laughs at parties ...

Edited by DracIsBack

• 3 years later...