IGNORED

US Sealed X-Man, Exocet and Motocross Racer, Xante's, Vulture Attack CIB

Michael_GM

Hello al!

This is my first time on the forum and I hope everyone is having a good day today!

I apologize if this is not the right place for this - as its just a general thread about some stuff up for sale! (if not - I'm prepared for a public witch burning, LOL)

I have some items I've treasured for a while but it is surely time to move on.

1. Sealed US X-Man

2. Sealed Exocet

3. Sealed/New Motocross Racer

4. Glacier Patrol box and manual only

5. Blue Xante Carts

- Fire Fighter - No Escape!

6. Tons of Atari Protos (12 all together) Panda Chase, Deadly Duck, Off Your Rocker, plus others

7. Vulture Attack CIB

No prices because id rather have them for offer and let someone else come and get these without setting some type of up front price.

Thanks everyone!

ps. have to post pictures. edit coming soon.post-47313-0-09685700-1469036151_thumb.jpegpost-47313-0-59108200-1469036168_thumb.jpegpost-47313-0-09685700-1469036151_thumb.jpegpost-47313-0-59108200-1469036168_thumb.jpegpost-47313-0-09685700-1469036151_thumb.jpeg

post-47313-0-83482900-1469036183_thumb.jpeg

post-47313-0-41382500-1469036197_thumb.jpeg

post-47313-0-43839500-1469036217_thumb.jpeg

post-47313-0-35103900-1469036253_thumb.jpeg

post-47313-0-28946200-1469036275_thumb.jpeg

post-47313-0-15574800-1469036290_thumb.jpeg

post-47313-0-75603100-1469036304_thumb.jpeg

post-47313-0-76685000-1469036319_thumb.jpeg

post-47313-0-16647800-1469036334_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Michael_GM
  • Like 1

Unfortunately some part of that is true. I pulled it immediately after seeing that the listing was incorrectly Made. I wanted to start it with an auction at 2k and have a reserve. I think it was up maybe an hour before I realized my mistake. It was pulled yesterday

Thanks Ian, got your message.

I actually bought these from a die hard collector in western Canada maybe 5 years ago. It's not just Atari - also Snes, Nes, Gameboy, etc.

These were kept off the radar until maybe one of the final things I took. Maybe he wasn't ready to part. He mentioned this stuff and I jumped.

I actually just sent in the games for grading via the VGA. I was getting ready to sell and wanted to people to make sure they were authentic seals, etc.

- Mike

Yeah, don't do that.

Yep, I think you are going to be hard pressed to find many Atari collectors who want VGA graded games, especially given the low grades on most of them. It also looks like you have a Pleasant Valley Video Off Your Rocker there as opposed to a true "prototype".

Yep, I think you are going to be hard pressed to find many Atari collectors who want VGA graded games, especially given the low grades on most of them. It also looks like you have a Pleasant Valley Video Off Your Rocker there as opposed to a true "prototype".

I got no problem with VGA. I do a bit of grading for myself.

Paying $25 for someone's vote of shrinkwrap authenticity (hopeful on items like X-man) and a very nice case for protection is probably worth it. Unlike Nintendo or certain other systems, it probably doesn't add a lot to the value.

Edited by ianoid

I got no problem with VGA. I do a bit of grading for myself.

Paying $25 for someone's vote of shrinkwrap authenticity (hopeful on items like X-man) and a very nice case for protection is probably worth it. Unlike Nintendo or certain other systems, it probably doesn't add a lot to the value.

I think you're one of the very few Atari collectors that would say that. I would also question VGA's ability to confirm shrink-wrap authenticity on very rare games like this, especially with few if any other factory sealed versions out there. They can obviously look for signs of appropriate aging, but I think it would be difficult to determine if the wrap on these games is factory or something a retailer or distributor did at some point.

• Like 1

I think you're one of the very few Atari collectors that would say that. I would also question VGA's ability to confirm shrink-wrap authenticity on very rare games like this, especially with few if any other factory sealed versions out there. They can obviously look for signs of appropriate aging, but I think it would be difficult to determine if the wrap on these games is factory or something a retailer or distributor did at some point.

I agree, and if you review my very careful wording, I pretty much concede to that idea. I had an X-man sealed that I bought at a reseller in Chicago years back. I noticed that the price tag was under the shrink. I decided it was a reseal and cracked it. VGA would notice obvious stuff like that, and they are familiar with what home shrinkwrapping looks like, but anything slightly better could deceive them.

And I also agree, VGA doesn't really increase value for a sealed 2600 game like that, but when you pay $3k for a supposedly sealed game, you don't mind it being in a case. I wouldn't mind some of their openable acrylic cases for my better non-sealed games as well.