IGNORED

Jedi Gauntlet Demo

Opry99er

Adding the speech is trivial...

With the TE2 cartridge plugged in,

100 OPEN #1:"SPEECH", OUTPUT
110 PRINT #1:"I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING"

Of course, this will not work with the cartridge version because you cannot have two cartridges operating at the same time. :P

...lee

• Like 1

Classic99 (v398) will not run any of the inverted inverted (normal) BINs—either my manual one or the ones you posted, @Sinphaltimus. Even setting up classic99.ini with a usercart entry doesn't do it. I did notice that one of the two banks does not have a startup signature, so maybe Classic99 is looking at the wrong bank. Oh, well...

...lee

The JediDemo3.bin that Oppery99er posted does work in classic99 but not in fingalGrom99;

and my mistaken JediDemo3.bin as well as the JediDemo8.bin uploads don't work in classic99 but do work on the finalGrom99.

That's a mystery I can't explain. But I used Rasmus' java utility to do the re-inverting of the inverted bin thinking it would produce a non-inverted bin.

I'm thinking it's probably more for inverting non-inverted bins and not the other way around.

Utility:http://atariage.com/forums/topic/243629-okie-dokey-smokey-any-ideas-burning-eeproms/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3344112

Edited by Sinphaltimus

Of course, this will not work with the cartridge version because you cannot have two cartridges operating at the same time. :P

...lee

Ahh, but I wont have to.

The program is only STORED in the cartridge... once loaded into VDP, the delivery mechanism doesnt matter. The game will never need to access the cartridge port again for anything (except TE2 speech).

The plan is to have a cartridge set up with the TE2 GROM and a bit of ROM (only to hold the Jedi program). The Jedi program dumps into VDP (just as it is doing now with these cartridges), leaving access to the TE2 GROM available via the cartridge port.

It will take some magic to do it, but it can be done I believe.

Edited by Opry99er
  • Like 2