IGNORED

Modern hard disk in Mega STE ?

Anyone knows which drives are compatible to a MEGA STE ?

I still use my old 48MB HD , but after about 12 years , it gets more and more bad sectors and it´s time to replace it before nothing works anymore.

Can I use normal SCSI drives ?

I know that AMIGAs (I have an A1200) can use modern IDE drives with up to 4Gbyte without problems , but for bigger ones you need a new OS or some patch.

Is this the same on the ATARI ST ?

I don´t wand to get a big drive , maybe 1-2 Gbyte , this is enough for an ST with its small programs - compared to the huge PC programs.Never had a game with more than 5 disks on the ST , I think the one with 5 disks was Space Ace and this one isn´t really good ...

Thimo

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone knows which drives are compatible to a MEGA STE ?

I still use my old 48MB HD , but after about 12 years , it gets more and more bad sectors and it´s time to replace it before nothing works anymore.

Can I use normal SCSI drives ?

I know that AMIGAs (I have an A1200) can use modern IDE drives with up to 4Gbyte without problems , but for bigger ones you need a new OS or some patch.

Is this the same on the ATARI ST ?

I don´t wand to get a big drive , maybe 1-2 Gbyte , this is enough for an ST with its small programs - compared to the huge PC programs.Never had a game with more than 5 disks on the ST , I think the one with 5 disks was Space Ace and this one isn´t really good ...

Thimo

hi,

I have an free harddisk for you.

http://www.telecommander.com/pics/links/st...3g/m2954qau.htm

dont know if it works tough. but you can have it for free. s&h are youre costs tough ;) .

Just tell me if you have interest in it. where do you live?

best regards,

Vyeyendra ramnares

dragonforce

Archived