IGNORED

I don't think these Jag CDs are legit...

skip

While foraging through eBay for a couple of games I don't have I came across this seller. Check out the CDs in the DVD cases, as well as the wording of the items ('copy'). I don't recognise the printing on the CDs as official either.

Just checking that my hunch is correct...

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=jeffreybonez2010&hash=item33bb3d159f%3Ag%3A06MAAOSwvg9Xejrt&item=222184674719&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xjaguar+cd.TRS0&_nkw=jaguar+cd&_sacat=0

Edited by skip

Ok skip, i got all of those out from my collection and here is what the originals should look like. Please note: World Tour Racing may look different now - mine was from Telegames original release (i know they now changed the stickers for their cart games and added 'Limited Edition' to boxes like Towers II).

post-4088-0-09110300-1469365079_thumb.jpg

With the Protector Resurgence CD, if you end up getting a cheap second-hand one then make sure it comes complete with the 4 Songbird games overlays:

post-4088-0-72820300-1469365097_thumb.jpg

As for Soul Star, that one on eBay is a FAKE! This is what Soul Star on the Jag really looks like:

post-4088-0-71029500-1469365110_thumb.jpg

:lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue:

• Like 5

Hunch confirmed I guess. I don't want to cause grief for anyone (seller included) but I'm sure as hell not paying the better part of $100 AUD delivered to get a CDR. I (along with anyone with a modicum of know how) can create a copy myself if I want...I work in education, 'IT', and 'media production' so it's pretty simple to get me or the tech assistant or students to do so if needed ;) . That's beside the point, I'm happy and willing to pay for originals I don't own.

And yeah, it was my own official CDs, as well as images I'd seen online, that tipped me off.

Edited by skip

While foraging through eBay for a couple of games I don't have I came across this seller. Check out the CDs in the DVD cases, as well as the wording of the items ('copy'). I don't recognise the printing on the CDs as official either.

Just checking that my hunch is correct...

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=jeffreybonez2010&hash=item33bb3d159f%3Ag%3A06MAAOSwvg9Xejrt&item=222184674719&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xjaguar+cd.TRS0&_nkw=jaguar+cd&_sacat=0

That seller sold a bunch of those games, look at his feedback.

$40 for a buggy version in a homemade case and printed label.... How much should I charge for a non buggy glass mastered professionally finished glossy print with manual version...

$89.95 + s/h

• Like 3

First on the list ;)

(yeah, I know, stuff....but I've hanging for the Jag version game in some form or another since I played it on the Mega CD a million or two years ago...and passed it up in favour of waiting for the Jag CD version)

Edited by skip

First on the list ;)

(yeah, I know, stuff....but I've hanging for the Jag version game in some form or another since I played it on the Mega CD a million or two years ago...and passed it up in favour of waiting for the Jag CD version)

Well, I could bring it to the next retro meetup...

• Like 1