IGNORED

Is Best Electronics Legit?

milry62

Best Electronic is the Best! I ordered many times and every time it was really special.

Atari sellers started this way back then and he ain't changing.

Best live phone/email customer service (call it old school but what is Atari to you?).

Cool site.

Best packaging ever, yes with fun Atari packaging. Warranty/Seal is broken fun stuff!

Placed my first order with Best back in January. Didn't go well. Never got my items. However, it wasn't Best's fault as they had the address accurate enough that it should have arrived. No idea what happened along the line but I never received notification from the post office that the package was waiting to be picked up - which apparently it had been.

Brad let me know a few days ago that the package was returned to them. He also suggested some ways of minimising my costs the next time I order, which I will be doing.

Edited by Tickled_Pink

I bought a new motherboard for my 2 port about 4 years ago and it works great. I fight with my controllers all the time, repairing them, and am thinking about the gold buttons and such. I was just on the site and a little confused on what the total price would be per joystick.

My total for one joystick came out to 49.08 with shipping and PayPal charge

I just ordered a pair of upgraded 5200 joysticks from Best. This is the first time I've done business with them. I traded in a couple of sticks I had for a small discount. His site is a little difficult to navigate, so I called first and asked how to handle the order. He was very nice over the phone. He asked me to send an email, and he replied within a day with an estimate. I went ahead and shipped the joysticks, he emailed back that he received them, and I paypaled them the money (I also ordered an Atari catalog - every repair part you could think of, and hundreds that you can't think of are in it!). I received the new ones a couple of days later, and they work great!! I would definitely do business with them again.

Placed my first order with Best back in January. Didn't go well. Never got my items. However, it wasn't Best's fault as they had the address accurate enough that it should have arrived. No idea what happened along the line but I never received notification from the post office that the package was waiting to be picked up - which apparently it had been.

Brad let me know a few days ago that the package was returned to them. He also suggested some ways of minimising my costs the next time I order, which I will be doing.

Best is totally honest and ok.

When I lived in UK I used to order from Best, I exchanged pounds into dollars, and send cash in envelopes for payment. He always delivered on time. Wow, sending cash via mail, can't do that nowadays.

Met Brad at the Atari Show, Novotel, London, 31. July 1994, great guy.

Edited by high voltage

Update: received my order yesterday and then rebuilt the controller today. What a HUGE difference it made. I am extremely impressed with this upgrade. Everything works perfectly and I can finally play my Atari 5200 the right way. I will definitely be placing an order for controller 2 in the future. Thanks everyone for your input!

• Like 3

I just wanted to pass along my own personal experience with Best. I bought a new Jaguar and a refurbished 7800 from him. The 7800 was nearly mint condition. No visible scratches, clean and working perfectly. I have bought about 30 games from him as well, both for Jaguar and 7800. All were clean and flawless and worked perfectly. I bought a set of 2600 paddles, working and looking as good as new.

I just wanted to pass along my own personal experience with Best. I bought a new Jaguar and a refurbished 7800 from him. The 7800 was nearly mint condition. No visible scratches, clean and working perfectly. I have bought about 30 games from him as well, both for Jaguar and 7800. All were clean and flawless and worked perfectly. I bought a set of 2600 paddles, working and looking as good as new.

It is very likely that I will purchase other items from him in the future

• Like 1