IGNORED

Release Date for Miner 2049er Volume II by Tigervision?

Random Terrain

The Video Game Update newsletter doesn't seem to mention it. Below is what I have found so far at archive.org.

There was a NEW ad for it in the January 1984 issue of Electronic Games.

It was mentioned in the preview section of the May 1984 issue of Electronic Games.

It had a mini review in the June 1984 issue of Computer Games.

Since there was a NEW ad for it in January of 1984, does that mean I could stick it in December of 1983 as a super extreme best guess? I have a best guess month for most of the other Tigervision games, so it would be nice to also find a place for Miner 2049er Volume II.

The Video Game Update newsletter doesn't seem to mention it. Below is what I have found so far at archive.org.

There was a NEW ad for it in the January 1984 issue of Electronic Games.

It was mentioned in the preview section of the May 1984 issue of Electronic Games.

It had a mini review in the June 1984 issue of Computer Games.

Since there was a NEW ad for it in January of 1984, does that mean I could stick it in December of 1983 as a super extreme best guess? I have a best guess month for most of the other Tigervision games, so it would be nice to also find a place for Miner 2049er Volume II.

I think it's fair to say that it was released in december 1983.

The copyright on the cart and on the NEW ad is 1983 and I think it would have been in the december 1983 issue of Electronic Games if it was released in november 1983.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter
  • Like 1

I think it's fair to say that it was released in December 1983.

The copyright on the cart and on the NEW ad is 1983 and I think it would have been in the December 1983 issue of Electronic Games if it was released in November 1983.

Thanks. I'll go do that now.

Keep in mind that magazine lead times back then were somewhat extreme. You're talking a range of three to four months in some cases.

And that helps us know for sure that the game was released in 1983. December is close enough until more info is found:

randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-history-1983.html#miner_2049er_volume_2

randomterrain.com/rt-atari-2600-game-list.html#tigervision