IGNORED

Summon Night 6 Gaijinworks (Working Designs)

cimerians

If anyone is familiar with Gaijinworks, formerly Working Designs they make some hard to get stuff from Japan available here. Some games are so, so....some are great. I haven't played the Summon Night games, but figured I'd post this here as sometimes the games are hard to get/limited in release:

Info:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/07/25/summon-night-6-lost-borders-coming-to-ps4-ps-vita-in-february-2017/#comment-1169553

Limited set:

http://www.gaijinworks.com/SN6_WE_orders.htm

The blog contains more info on getting UMD versions of Class of Heroes 3 for PSP etc. and there will be a standard version of this game so I don't think it will be collectible in any way other than maybe the box set above which is pretty expensive.

The Wonderful Edition looks really impressive. The PVC coasters are a cool and very unique touch; the plush looks like a hug magnet (and there will be 3 variants of it, randomly distributed); the soundtrack CD and poster are always great standards in this kind of package; and, I'm particularly mesmerized by the huge, hardcover art book covering the whole series (Summon Night 6 is the series' 15th anniversary game). If I could afford it, I'd get it.

Only the PS4 version of the game has the Wonderful Edition, but it seems Gaijinworks' Twitter feed lit up with requests for a PSV Wonderful Edition. So, they might be considering a poll to look into the viability of that. I hope they go through with it.

onmode-ky

Just announced about a half hour ago:

By popular request, the PS Vita Wonderful Edition has joined the PS4 Version. Both are now open for presale at gaijinworks.com

The pre-purchase page for the PSV WE is http://www.gaijinworks.com/SN6_VITA_WE_orders.htm. It's $14 less than the PS4 WE (shipping cost is the same, since the bulk of the 4-lb. weight is the bonus goods that are nearly identical between the two editions).

Bonus goods differences from the PS4 WE: the poster (same size, though) and the serially numbered hologram.

Also, this is interesting, the original text Victor Ireland submitted to the PS Blog. The Blog edited it a fair amount before publishing, leaving out things like the reference to a top secret E3 2015 meeting at which Gaijinworks got the SN6 invitation.

onmode-ky

Edited by onmode-ky
  • Like 1

Just announced about a half hour ago:

The pre-purchase page for the PSV WE is http://www.gaijinworks.com/SN6_VITA_WE_orders.htm. It's $14 less than the PS4 WE (shipping cost is the same, since the bulk of the 4-lb. weight is the bonus goods that are nearly identical between the two editions).

Bonus goods differences from the PS4 WE: the poster (same size, though) and the serially numbered hologram.

Also, this is interesting, the original text Victor Ireland submitted to the PS Blog. The Blog edited it a fair amount before publishing, leaving out things like the reference to a top secret E3 2015 meeting at which Gaijinworks got the SN6 invitation.

onmode-ky

Great news, nice to know they listen to the requests out there. Really curious to see if they also make a UMD of Class of Heroes 3.

Vita is becoming collectible, per Metal Jesus recommendations I joined up with a Vita\PSP collectors group on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1502597866669971/

Nice chaps, and they always post some great gems.

My clicking on that link led to the revelation that I can't view a Facebook group without logging into my nonexistent Facebook account. I guess I'll just rely on other people passing info to me. This plan also lets me blame others instead of myself when I miss out on hidden treasures.

I hope Gaijinworks manages to arrange a UMD release for Class of Heroes 3, if only for the novelty of having the final UMD be published for distribution in a region where UMDs were a no-show for 2.5 straight years (10/2013 - 04/2016). Right now, the last UMD release is Kamigami no Asobi InFinite, which brought to a close the handful of UMDs released in Japan in 2015 and 2016. Well, for the novelty and also just the fun of keeping my PSP fed. :P

Back on topic, I thought I should point out that SN6 will be getting an English dub. Gaijinworks' release of SN5 was without speech (it seems licensing Japanese voices is not a cheap expenditure these days), so this is new territory--or at least a return to what Working Designs was able to do.

onmode-ky

Great news, nice to know they listen to the requests out there. Really curious to see if they also make a UMD of Class of Heroes 3.

Vita is becoming collectible, per Metal Jesus recommendations I joined up with a Vita\PSP collectors group on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1502597866669971/

Nice chaps, and they always post some great gems.

This year prices on Vita stuff has risen. It feels like the golden age of getting stuff super cheap are gone. I'm glad I got a bunch of stuff for great prices when I had the chance.

I preordered the Vita Wonderful edition. Highest retail price I ever paid for a game.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

A reminder to all that the window for buying Summon Night 6's Wonderful Edition closes on October 31st.

Gaijinworks.com page to buy the PS4 WE

Gaijinworks.com page to buy the PSV WE

The early-bird window for $20 off closed in mid-September, and now the window for getting one at all (outside of buying from resellers after the game releases in 2017) is closing. Remember, this is a pre-sale; your card will be charged within a few days, rather than when the game actually ships.

When the game comes out, there will be a standard-edition physical release available at the normal prices (I think for both platforms, but definitely for the PS4). And, of course, there will be download editions in the PlayStation Store. This impending deadline is only for the Gaijinworks.com-exclusive Wonderful Edition.

I preordered the Vita Wonderful edition. Highest retail price I ever paid for a game.

I broke down and preordered the PSV version, too. Highest price ever paid for a game for me, as well (not counting games that came bundled with a free console . . .). Not even my PSV itself cost me this much! At least not after I sold off the parts of the bundle that I didn't want. Has anyone else ordered a copy of the WE?

onmode-ky

I broke down and preordered the PSV version, too. Highest price ever paid for a game for me, as well (not counting games that came bundled with a free console . . .). Not even my PSV itself cost me this much! At least not after I sold off the parts of the bundle that I didn't want. Has anyone else ordered a copy of the WE?

I've been considering it, but at least until next year I don't really have that kind of money for a single game. I'll probably pick up a copy of the regular edition when it releases though. Whether I get the vita version of PS4 version then will probably depend on if I have a PS4 at the time.

I've been considering it, but at least until next year I don't really have that kind of money for a single game. I'll probably pick up a copy of the regular edition when it releases though. Whether I get the vita version of PS4 version then will probably depend on if I have a PS4 at the time.

If you can expand your definition of "next year" to one month earlier than the start of 2017, then you're in luck: Vic Ireland posted that they're extending the deadline. Because dialogue recording for SN6 is still in progress, the release date of the game has been pushed back from February to March. As a result of that, the pre-sale window is also getting another month added, so now it's open until November 30th.

Also noted in that post, they should be getting prototypes for the finalized components of the WE through this and next week. Then they'll be able to show updated pictures of what everything will look like when it ships. Vic writes, "Easily the best collector's edition I've done," which is a pretty bold statement, given what Working Designs used to do.

One last bit of info from that post: the PSV version of the WE is currently at 49% of the count of the PS4 version.

onmode-ky

• 5 weeks later...

A reminder to all that the window for buying Summon Night 6's Wonderful Edition closes on October 31st.

Gaijinworks.com page to buy the PS4 WE

Gaijinworks.com page to buy the PSV WE

Because dialogue recording for SN6 is still in progress, the release date of the game has been pushed back from February to March. As a result of that, the pre-sale window is also getting another month added, so now it's open until November 30th.

As it turns out, the deadline for the Wonderful Edition's pre-sale is December 16th, rather than today. As it says on the Gaijinworks front page, "[W]e'll be able to leave the Wonderful Edition presale open until December 16th. We've had a number of you asking to extend past Christmas, so we have extended a bit more, but because of the production and shipping timelines for the Wonderful Edition packaging, this is as far as we can extend this presale given the March release of the game."

It's also worth noting that the front page I linked now has pictures and description of finalized components of the Wonderful Edition, including the plush sidekicks, the outer packaging, and a new addition (!), a case for the coaster set. More on the remaining finalized components should be posted later this week.

onmode-ky

• 3 weeks later...

December 16th is coming to a close in North America, and this time, pre-sales for the PS4/PSV Wonderful Editions really are ending. I checked the Gaijinworks website front page, and yesterday's update retained the 12/16 ending date for the purchase windows. So, last chance at last!

Also in that latest update, adding on to the previous update's pictures of the finalized plush, coaster box, and external box, are pictures and description of the finalized 200-page art book. Here's what it says:

What's that inside the box there? The Premium Art Book! We've upgraded this substantially now - it is hardbound with a faux-leather cover, foil stamped logo on the front, and spine, three placeholder ribbons representing the three sidekick characters, a full-color interior on 200 pages of rich, matte-finish paper, gilded page edges, and a nice dust jacket with the history of the Summon Night series on the inside left flap.

Sounds pretty sweet. Sure, it may not be quite as spectacular as the mammoth Spice & Wolf Anniversary Collector's Edition tome, but that's a book whose MSRP was more than a match for that of the entire PS4 SN6 Wonderful Edition.

If you haven't pre-bought one yet, you have a few hours left to make the choice. Maybe you should buy 2 copies, so that selling off one can help pay for the other? Maybe you should buy 2 copies each of both platforms? Maybe you should buy 3 copies each of both platforms, hoping to get all 3 possible colors of the included plush? Decisions, decisions.

onmode-ky