IGNORED

Nintendo eShop Selects line announced

Atariboy

Here's the first two. No North American release has been confirmed yet, but these arrive overseas on September 30th. Haven't seen a price point yet, but I assume that it matches the rest of the Selects lineup, which for us would be $20.

large.jpg

I don't hold out much hope, but wouldn't a Wii version have been nice? They're still doing Wii rereleases so I suppose they might surprise us, but I doubt it. It's a shame that Mega Man 9/10, the Konami 'Rebirth' line, and a few others remain digital exclusives to this day.

Maybe Nintendo of America will see fit to finally get Fatal Frame 5 out there on disc with this budget program, since it's technically a mere eShop release despite its roots as a retail title. More wishful thinking...

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

NeoGaf reports it's coming to Australia and New Zealand, too. Not that that's likely of interest to anyone, but the interesting part is that he quotes a price of $49.95 which certainly doesn't bode well. [Edit: Later in the same thread there are posts saying that's the standard MSRP for Selects releases in that region, so it might not mean anything after all.]

Hopefully Nintendo of America is smart all around and not only brings this to North America, but prices it sensibly. $20 is where retail releases of eShop releases belong.

Edited by Atariboy