IGNORED

Video Color Problem with Vader Editon 2600.

WebMan

After my Vader 2600 has been running for around 10 minutes or so, the colors on the screen start to flicker and fade. The video signal is clear without static or lines. It's just the colors that start to get distorted. Like shown in the video below, the blue background on Ms. Pac MAn turns green. Sometimes it goes completely black and white for a while. I checked the output on the voltage regulator on the board, and it is putting out a steady 5 v. I also turned the color potentiometer. Any ideas? Thanks.

https://youtu.be/fIStcwKMiWI

Is your TIA soldered to the board, or in a socket? Let the console warm up, then try adjusting the color pot. Maybe jiggle the color/bw switch, maybe a loose connection? If so, a bit of contact cleaner may help.

I haven't actually opened up the IC portion of the board, but I believe that the TIA is simply plugged in on this board.and not soldered. Nothing I do with any of the switches seems to help.Some of the solder joints on the back don't look so great, so it might be s bad connection somewhere.

I haven't actually opened up the IC portion of the board, but I believe that the TIA is simply plugged in on this board.and not soldered.

Some Vader are apparently socketed some (like mine) are fully-soldered. I had the RIOT go bad on my Vader and had to desolder it to replace it. I installed a socket in case it happens again someday.

• Like 1