IGNORED

ABBUC SWC 2016: Dimo's Quest - The Dungeon

8Bitjunkie

Hello Thomas

If the module and the 16 MB PCB are one and the same thing, why is the module still a work in progress, while the 16 megabyte PCB is up und running? If it's one and the same, both should be either "up and running" or "a work in progress".

Sincerely

Mathy

The hardware part (the PCB) is up and running (tfhh's work)

The software part (the game) is not... (my work)

a little clearification of the existing and planned editions...
post-38160-0-15173300-1496696890_thumb.png

Note: The module will NOT be sold with a box.
You can put the module
* into the existing german cardboard box (Lurch Edition) or
* into the planned english cardboard box (Lurch Edition)
in both boxes is the full game manual included (with large making of part)

Edited by 8Bitjunkie
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I admire your work so much!!! I was 11 when I got your game in my hands (Amiga version). Everyone in my school played it back then trying to complete all levels. I'm very impressed about the aesthetics of graphics and level design. I checked Youtube few years ago and found about your current project. Are you planning some more remakes in the future? It would be great if the next generation of kids could discover the magic behind this game. Did you thought about a possibility of handheld version of Dimo?

greetings from Berlin :grin: :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I admire your work so much!!! I was 11 when I got your game in my hands (Amiga version). Everyone in my school played it back then trying to complete all levels. I'm very impressed about the aesthetics of graphics and level design. I checked Youtube few years ago and found about your current project. Are you planning some more remakes in the future? It would be great if the next generation of kids could discover the magic behind this game. Did you thought about a possibility of handheld version of Dimo?

greetings from Berlin :grin: :thumbsup:

Hello Neopiru,

Thank you very much for the lovely lines, I am always really happy when I hear that the Amiga Dimo was played :-)

How far did you come then? To the castle?

And yes, I'm planning more games for the Atari, though no direct demakes at the moment.

First, however, Dimo has to e finished with 16 megabytes of module for the Atari, with tons of voice output and sung title song ...

A handheld version would certainly have something, you should never never say

well, if you are interested in further background knowledge of Dimo's Quest … (all german)

https://media.ccc.de/v/vcfb2014_-_2_-_de_-_medientheater_-_201410041130_-_demake_eines_computerspiels_-_thomas_schulz

https://media.ccc.de/v/vcfb2015_-_19_-_de_-_raum_009_-_201510031130_-_programmierung_eines_8-bit-atari-spiels_-_thomas_schulz

https://www.heise.de/tp/features/Tanz-nicht-mit-den-Monstern-3224554.html?seite=all

Edited by 8Bitjunkie
  • Like 2