IGNORED

TOTOTEK Adapter

http://www.tototek.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23&products_id=54

I got the adapter to convert psx to mega drive. Works on my Genesis. Lets me use playstation controllers on my genesis. Even wireless controllers I have. And works on 5200 with my masterplay clone. I can use playstation controllers on my 5200. And even works on WII. Don't remember where I got it. But I got an adapter cable to convert wiimote to playstation and can use wireless play station controllers on WII for virtual console games. But 2600 is a no go for some reason. How come? Any ideas? I thought my junior was busted. But I tested other wired controllers on it and it works. Just not my tototek adapter. Playstation controller does not work. Light don't light up and no movemet. No thumbsticks. Or dpad or buttons. Or wireless. Even wired playstation controllers are no good. Nothing works. I verified its not a bad junior as others work. And not a dead adapter because I tested right after on my genesis and its good. So why not my junior? And its just junior maybe. Haven't tried the telegames yet. But even junior why not? Why does the junior not power the adapter? Any ideas?

It's an adapter that requires power through one of the controller pins which the 2600 does not send power through. You can buy a B.E.'s Genesis to Atari adapter cable from Best Electronics to solve the problem or an Edladdin Seagull78 adapter if you want to play 2600/7800 games using the Tototek adapter on your 7800. On my Youtube channel I have a video that touches on this around 7 and a half minutes in:

Edited by ave1

Sorry I just now am seeing this. On their website you can click on Index page and scroll down until you see Atari joysticks and controllers- click that. The adaptercable is near the bottom right of all the pictured items. I would say ordering over the phone is going to be the easiest and best way to buy it with your credit card... be aware they have a minimum purchase amount that's higher than $20 if I am recalling correctly.

Edited by ave1

Normally Mega-Drive (Genesis) controllers should not be used on other 9Pin systems. The C64 can be damaged by doing this (CIA chip). And using a Mega-Drive adapter instead of a stick is the same, i suppose. Maybe other 9Pin systems (Amiga, Atari-ST, Atari2600...) are not as sensitive as the C64 in this case and don`t break at once when a Mega-Drive controller is used, but i can not imagine that it`s healthy and i would not risk it. Maybe this linked "Best Electronics" cable has something like a diode-protection or similar thing, but i dont read anything about this on the side.

There are good "PSX to normal-9Pin" Adapters too, like for example this one here:

http://www.kipper2k.com/psx.html

I have one of these and a real good included function is the possibility to remap all buttons and save four used-defined buttonmappings. With this function, it`s also possible to switch from left-hand to right-hand steering. Because the user can remap (left to right, up to down ...... and then simply turn the controller around for steering. This is especially great for PSX Arcade-controllers which normally have lefthand-steering and can be used with the right hand then. This remapping-function is really a great thing, i like it very much. Also it`s possible to map a direction to a button or a button to a direction.

And this adapter works on my two Atari-VCS2600 (Darth Vader models) without a problem, by the way.

Edited by AW127

ave1, your cable for changing lefthand to righthand steering is a good idea, by the way.

Some of the newer controller-adapters also have such a function. Like i explained, the Kipper2K PSX-adapter can do it when the user remaps the respective buttons and adapters like the Raphnet "SNES to Atari/Commodore" have a choosable buttonmapping for that, which remaps all functions in the way, that the user can turn-around the joystick. This is really a nice feature to have, no matter if it`s made possible by a cable like yours, a choosable buttonmapping or by remapping buttons.

I learned playing video- and computer-games with the right hand and i have never understood why the most arcade-machines have lefthand-steering. When i played in gambling-hall as a kid, i always crossed the arms that i can steer with my right hand on the arcade machines. :)

• Like 1