IGNORED

Display Issues

nd2003grad

Well, I'm finally getting somewhere...slowly...with this Amiga. I do have an old LCD-style TV that I'm using for my 800XL and my C64. I tried using a VGA-Svideo/composite device for the TV in conjunction with the Amiga to VGA adaptor. To my surprise, this results in a fantastic image...HOWEVER, it's in black and white only. Is there any way to remedy this? I'm a complete novice and I'm trying to avoid buying a (4th) monitor...

**Addition** This is an NTSC 500.

Edited by nd2003grad

So is this a passive RGB to VGA adapter similar to this one, which in its turn is connected to a device that will convert VGA to S-Video or composite video? The passive adapter would normally only work with higher resolutions found on the 500+, 600, 1200, 3000, 4000, not for games unless of course you've got a VGA monitor that syncs to 15 kHz. Now the key question is what the other device expects for input: will it accept a 15 kHz signal on the VGA input, or does it expect a 31 kHz signal? If the latter, I'm surprised you get an image at all but perhaps it manages to display one except that colour is lost.