IGNORED

Ultimate SD cart - another possible run

ndary

Hi Jon-

Yours looks very nicely done. How (in general) did you do it and what tools did you use? (In addition to patience...)

For sake of argument, pretty sure that my XEGS blank cart opens/closes very easily, but I realize that wouldn't be the case for most folks. I bought several cheap "Necromancer" carts and took one of them apart, and yes, that was a pain.

-Larry

Yours looks very nicely done. How (in general) did you do it and what tools did you use? (In addition to patience...)

Thanks. I made two of them so far and sold them both. Basically, once I got the shell open (see below), I took precise measurements of the PCB and carefully marked off the various cut points on the casing. I test-fitted and checked by eye wherever possible (measure twice, cut once, etc). I drilled holes along the edge of the header cable hole and then hacked the rest out with a craft knife. Same with the SD card slot: a row of 2mm or so drill holes, cleaned up with a knife. The button hole was drilled out with a 3mm bit and then countersunk using a chamfer bit.

Next was the most important stage for a good finish: using flat files to straighten and smooth everything off. Once everything was square, I finished the cut surfaces with a fine emery board and then sealed them with acetone on a cotton bud. I then quadruple-checked the cart shell for internal clearance before snapping everything shut.

For sake of argument, pretty sure that my XEGS blank cart opens/closes very easily, but I realize that wouldn't be the case for most folks.

Both cart shells were challenging, but the second one was worse. I had to squeeze it in a Black and Decker workbench and nearly gave up: the thing didn't want to budge, but a final turn did the trick just when I thought the shell was going to shatter. There was no way I wanted to open up those bad boys a second time around. :) I shouldn't imagine the plastic tabs being agreeable to it either.

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 1

Hello to all. :)

First some latest news about the construction.

I decide to make one more redesign of this cartridge, as to fit on Atarimax plastic shell. So the end product will be on a Red or Green transparent plastic shell. A decal based on original design from Robin, will also included. So any buyer will receive a complete cartridge on a shell with a decal.

I would like to also inform cause the firmware upgrade connector will be inside the cartridge, because it fit. So the owner who will need to use it for any future upgrade, can simply open the shell. :thumbsup:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The final price for this complete construction must be at 85$ plus 7$ shipping anywhere in the world.

Now I need to know in real if at least 20 people need it, as to proceed with those. I must ask for start to send me a prepayment -half the price- for this as to order parts etc.

I will receive prepayments for one week starting from this moment.

If the total of 20 people not completed, then all prepayment will be refunded back to their owners.

For any question or my PayPal account sent me p.m.

Many greetings to all, Panos.

Edited by santosp
  • Like 6

I think a lot of people are missing how to ensure they get in on this run, post #34 in this thread has instructions for prepaying 50% to hold your cart. 20 orders required to make sure the run happens

for ease of use click here

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/255512-ultimate-sd-cart-another-possible-run/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3574141

• Like 1

I think a lot of people are missing how to ensure they get in on this run, post #34 in this thread has instructions for prepaying 50% to hold your cart. 20 orders required to make sure the run happens

for ease of use click here

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/255512-ultimate-sd-cart-another-possible-run/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3574141

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guys send me P.M as to give my PayPal info, plus to archive on a list for everyone who has pay till now.

Hi Panos-

Would it be of any value to you if the purchasers (hopefully) would use their own Atarimax cart shells? I have several that I no longer use. OTOH, putting the PCB in the shell for mailing is probably the very best way to protect the PCB. Or maybe this requires additional grinding, etc. to get the PCB to fit in the shell?

-Larry

Hi Panos-

Would it be of any value to you if the purchasers (hopefully) would use their own Atarimax cart shells? I have several that I no longer use. OTOH, putting the PCB in the shell for mailing is probably the very best way to protect the PCB. Or maybe this requires additional grinding, etc. to get the PCB to fit in the shell?

-Larry

Hi Larry.

Unfortunately, additional grinding for SD card socket and the reset button required.

If you want to share this info, how many cartridges have you available, and what colors. I am just curious.