IGNORED

Oh Joy!

Sinphaltimus

Ooops! My bad. I'm getting forgetful in my old age, at that moment I forgot that your system is CURRENTLY unexpanded.

I'm betting by this time next year it'll be different. :)

I'm already eyeballing more TIs. I'd like to keep at least one unmodded and original.

• Like 1

I'm already eyeballing more TIs. I'd like to keep at least one unmodded and original.

That's exactly what I did. I have one console with an F18A (with flashrom99 and nanoPEB - which I was fortunate enough to get before they disappeared) and a second which is, and will remain, 100% stock connected to my PEB. The un-modded console carries the "Solid State Software" patch, while the modded one does not (thought that felt appropriate).

A 99/4 (with volume control and headphone jack) slipped through my fingers last month (god I hate ebay's final-seconds bidding!), but I hope that a similar /4 will become my 3rd console someday. Then I'll stop*.

*ya right!

• Like 2

IT WORKS! :) Shaky hands, no flux and I needed to use cell phone macro for magnification.
Also, a friend of mine noticed my 994a and said he has one in the box with manuals, he's giving it to me in October when we meet again.
Yeah, now I'll have one for modding and one for stock. And can only hope this one comes with the mem upgrade. Now that would be something.

13921012_10206706398810586_1603080651226

EDIT: Question: What kind of electronics would I scavenge for a 14.31818 crystal? I have old PCs and laptops, maybe there? CRT monitors? etc?

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 1

Why spend so much time and effort to scavenge for a crystal. << JUST CLICK HERE >>

You should find a suitable one in the package and format you desire cheaply.

You may have to wait couple of weeks, but for those prices you cannot even drive to the local

electronics store.

Done, thank you.