IGNORED

The Atari 5200 Podcast (New Podcast)

David Alexander

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Once more unto the breach, dear friends! The gang gets together again to reminisce of the great game company, Sega. We get a brief history of the company and delve into two of their most popular games, Zaxxon and Buck Rogers-Planet of Zoom. Not to mention your recommended daily amount of jackassery and hi-jinx.

Magic, Mayhem, Complaining about prices in Retrogaming! It's all here in this episode of the Atari 5200 Podcast!

https://theatari5200superpodcast.libsyn.com/episode-15-zaxxon-and-buck-rogers-planet-of-zoom

Buck Rogers_ Planet of Zoom-01 (2).png

Zaxxon-01 (2).png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ryan Witmer said:

I think Kaboom plays better on the 5200 joysticks than it does on the 2600 paddles.  Super Breakout I'm not so sure about.

Super Breakout works with the Trak-Ball controller as well as, the joystick. I need to play these two again. It’s been some time since I’ve played the 5200 versions.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
(Capt. Bob) IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!!
The gang was able to get together and put another recording session in the can! Once our editor extraordinaire (David) is able to sift through all the incoherent ramblings, our next episode will be out.
This time we delve into what we call the paddle games. Super Breakout and Activision’s KABOOM.
Plus the usual updates and thoughts on the new 2600+ from Atari.
As always…. Stay Tuned!

Kaboom! (USA).jpg

Super Breakout (USA).jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I ran into Capt. Bob at PRGE this past weekend and we had a nice little talk.  I mentioned that I was missing the manual for my copy of Space Shuttle, and he went ahead and found one somewhere on the floor and bought it for me.  Give him another "thank you" from me the next time you guys get together.

I also may have dropped some of my future 5200 plans in conversation.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Ryan Witmer said:

I ran into Capt. Bob at PRGE this past weekend and we had a nice little talk.  I mentioned that I was missing the manual for my copy of Space Shuttle, and he went ahead and found one somewhere on the floor and bought it for me.  Give him another "thank you" from me the next time you guys get together.

What a gesture! That's really great! Capt. Bob spent some time with us at the Champ Games booth. He asked John about the possibility of him programming for the 5200. Maybe one day...maybe one day. 

22 minutes ago, Ryan Witmer said:

Oh...do tell.😉

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 1:13 PM, Ryan Witmer said:

I must ask Capt. Bob about these 5200 plans of yours :)

• Like 1

Well, I don't want to give away too much, but I have a three game plan right now.

1. Santa Claus

2. ???

3. Pinball game

We were discussing the pinball game.  I love pinball and I have a great idea for what I want to do.  It's away down the line though, and I've been taking a bit of break from 5200 stuff to deal with other nonsense, but I do hope to be back at it soon.

• Like 3