IGNORED

colecovision motherboard NOS ?

peedenmark7

My Colecovision has been giving me fits of late. Worked great last time I used it. Turned it on after 3 weeks and now I have a white screen.

The screen goes from snow to a white when I turn it on, so I know this is not power related, I also tried a different RF cable.

Wondering if there is anybody that sells NOS motherboards like Best does with Atari stuff?

• 2 weeks later...

What's the best method for cleaning the cart slot?

Thanks

I always use a toothbrush and rubbing alcohol and scrub really good. If you have a lot of corrosion though, some fine grade sandpaper wrapped on a used/cut up credit card (or similar) would do the trick. Cut it to the size of a cartridge and insert/remove a number of times. If you try the sandpaper, be sure to follow up with the toothbrush/alcohol in order to remove any leftover residue.

Also make sure your games are clean, rubbing alcohol on a q-tip is good, or if you take it apart, a pencil eraser will clean them really good.

Edited by Jeremy Popp

I always use a toothbrush and rubbing alcohol and scrub really good. If you have a lot of corrosion though, some fine grade sandpaper wrapped on a used/cut up credit card (or similar) would do the trick. Cut it to the size of a cartridge and insert/remove a number of times. If you try the sandpaper, be sure to follow up with the toothbrush/alcohol in order to remove any leftover residue.

Also make sure your games are clean, rubbing alcohol on a q-tip is good, or if you take it apart, a pencil eraser will clean them really good.

Hmm the sandpaper/credit card idea sounds great! I'll try it next time followed by the isopropyl and tooth brush.