IGNORED

Atari confessions. Confess your sins

totallyterrificpants

Man, I am really going to get in trouble for this one.... Before I say anything, let me put on my running shoes.

Ok....Here goes...

I don't like the Heavy Sixer. I think it's ugly as sin. I think the Light Sixer is a sexy little beast that's looks a million times better than the heavy model.

*runs away as fast as I can*

• Like 3

Man, I am really going to get in trouble for this one.... Before I say anything, let me put on my running shoes.

Ok....Here goes...

I don't like the Heavy Sixer. I think it's ugly as sin. I think the Light Sixer is a sexy little beast that's looks a million times better than the heavy model.

*Priest punches through the screen of the confessional*

• Like 1

In the early 1990s, I passed on a loose cart of Star Wars the Arcade Game at a flea market because the vendor would not move down from $5.

I have purchased carts I wanted as a kid, only to never play them.

I ruined a picture label of Hangman trying to clean it with rubbing alcohol. Forgive me, for I knew not I was doing.

• Like 1

Never had the chance to own a 2600 though I'd really like to save up for one in the future when I get a job.

I don't like Pitfall for the same reason I don't like puzzle/adventure games: It leaves me lost and not knowing where to go and I end up giving up and looking for a walkthrough and then once I know how to beat it, I don't see any replay value afterwards. I do give the game credit that it was able to fit a lot of screens and the graphics were done well using lots of tricks. Not saying it's a bad game, I just don't like it.

• Like 1

Ok....Here goes...

Junior or gtfo. Mine is gorgeous. GORGEOUS, I TELL YOU!

• Like 1

Ok....Here goes...

*gasp* How can you call her ugly as sin? Just look at those sexy curves :grin:

post-21941-0-24931200-1472431712_thumb.jpg post-21941-0-12791100-1472431726_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I wished for a Philips G7000 (Magnavox Odyssey 2) rather than an Atari when I was 13 years old.....fortunately my best friend got an Atari so I soon realized my foolishness and spent a lot of time at his place playing Asteroids and Space Invaders.

• Like 1

1) I dislike Pitfall.

2) I dislike River Raid.

3) I judge everyone who doesn't agree with me about the games I like best.

4) Several games that I claim to be among my favorites are not actually games that I ever play, including Adventure.

5) The fact that there is not a consensus that Night Driver is among the best Atari games and that Web Wars is among the best Vectrex games causes me to be skeptical of the entire retro gaming community.

6) I think that most homebrew games, including some of my favorites, have terrible level design.

7) I think there is a willful lack of creativity and lack of critical thinking that dominates the retro gaming scene.

8) Some of the things I confess, which are sins, are not actually things I am ashamed of.

Edited by gliptitude
  • Like 1

From 2005-2008 I have always talked shit about the 2600, mainly citing how crude the graphics & sound for it were & how it won't be as good as the NES, SMS, Genesis & SNES. :_( I've warmed up on the 2600 sometime in 2008 & nowadays enjoyed the console & it's games. :)

Up until 2015, I've been going by a popular opinion & said that Pac-Man & E.T. are bad games on more than one occasion. My opinons on E.T. had changed though I'm kinda not sure about my thoughts on Pac-Man.

How many Hail Marys do I get?

• Like 1

I am going to buy a box of Atari controllers today and it includes the driving paddles which I did not have which then means I need some driving games and we all know which one is the best

Night Driver right.

Night Driver is great, but it must be played with the paddles, not the driving controllers !

Afaik the only driving controller game is Indy 500.

From 2005-2008 I have always talked shit about the 2600, mainly citing how crude the graphics & sound for it were & how it won't be as good as the NES, SMS, Genesis & SNES. :_( I've warmed up on the 2600 sometime in 2008 & nowadays enjoyed the console & it's games. :)

Up until 2015, I've been going by a popular opinion & said that Pac-Man & E.T. are bad games on more than one occasion. My opinons on E.T. had changed though I'm kinda not sure about my thoughts on Pac-Man.

How many Hail Marys do I get?

Most younger people do this. I thought the games were outdated in an unplayable way. Wasn't until 6 years ago I gave Atari a shot.

I like the jr. I have all the other ways to play 2600 but the jr is the best. Actually 7800 cause they put the joystick port facing you!!! What an absurd idea!

Remember, this is a home computer system! Everything gets plugged into the back.

(...and, if you're an Inty, does taxes, teaches you different languages, and is tomorrows 16-Bit talking HAL tapedeck!!)

• 4 weeks later...

1) I never liked the woodies as i got a JR in the mid 80's when i was a kid and was what i knew Atari to be.

2) Owned Berzerk but never played it for years because i was told it wouldn't work as it's a paddle controller game. Turned out the informant actually thought it was Breakout, later i worked out it was a joystick game.

3) Yes im one of those that rated E.T in my top 10 games and really enjoyed it even though i had no real clue how to play it.

4) Never have been all that fazed about Video Olympics (Pong).

5) Reactor is in my top 10 list.

6) I go months not playing a single Atari game then months playing nothing other then Atari.

7) When i was a lad i was jealous of a friend that owned a NES because i wanted Super Mario Bros.

8) Programmed a few terrible Atari games with Batari Basic and was proud of them until i realized how bad they really were.

9) Bought a H.E.S version of Wall Defender thinking it was some incredible rare find.

10) Worst of all i sold my entire Atari collection system, carts, boxes for $20 on Ebay.... when i found the Stella emulator back in 2006 :(

Edited by Tony The 2600
  • Like 1

I sold my entire 2600 collection about a year ago. And now I'm rebuilding it, repentance is hard.

This is the sin that I have come to confess as well. I sold my whole collection last year, including 140+ different games, a Vader console, and a whole lot of controllers; with a pricey Best Electronics light gun among them.

The sting of regret has weighed on me for too long, so I too am now working on rebuilding my entire collection back to what it used to be. The hardest part is going to be getting some of the reproductions I used to have back again. Finding quality reproduction cartridges for Shooting Arcade and Halloween will not be an easy task.

Edited by Jin
  • Like 1