IGNORED

Help Compiling XB in to BIN for flashrom99

Sinphaltimus

• 2 months later...

OK so I'm back at it again and hit a wall at the last step.

Here's what I accomplished without error thus far:

saved program in merge format

compile ea4 in XB256 compiler

Assemble it

load link it

ti99dir it (convert to v9t9 format)
copy all source and related files to root of another hard drive to keep path short.

And then the error...in module creator - even if I Run As Admin

Select the -A file and click create module:

post-47352-0-19691400-1476828897_thumb.png

Edited by Sinphaltimus

So I'm a bit confused with your process. What is left to do once Harry's compiler produces a progname-C file and the EA5 progame-A files? Which files are to be converted to V9T9, or whatever? Please clarify as I've yet to get past the compiled program part. I just drag mine into the .hfe to run on real metal. I'd appreciate a few comments on your experience making .bin files. -James

So I'm a bit confused with your process. What is left to do once Harry's compiler produces a progname-C file and the EA5 progame-A files? Which files are to be converted to V9T9, or whatever? Please clarify as I've yet to get past the compiled program part. I just drag mine into the .hfe to run on real metal. I'd appreciate a few comments on your experience making .bin files. -James

Ok. Once I have the A, B, C files from the loader (saved as AE5. See the xb256D guide)

I load up TI99Dir and one at a time I eject the A File, Tools, Convert TIFile to V9T9, rinse and repeat for the B and C files You may not have that many)

Then I go in to Module Creator and only add the A File then click Create Module.

I'm almost noticing light at the end of this tunnel. Maybe it has something to do with the V9T9 conversion step in TI99dir? When I convert the -A, -B, and -C files things happen instantly without any progress bar indication? Wondering if my files are actually getting converted to V9T9?

It's not loading my -A file for some reason? Any ideas?

post-46538-0-56389300-1477334747_thumb.jpg

Edited by Airshack

I changed the name of the folder holding the -A thru -C files and it all magically worked! Also used the tip to select v9T9 headers in Classic99 which eliminated the need for TI99dir in this workflow.

Thanks for the tips and video = invaluable! So cool seeing the TI boot loader launch your own code off of the FlashROM99.

post-46538-0-05134900-1477336917_thumb.jpg

post-46538-0-73132800-1477337569_thumb.jpg

Edited by Airshack
  • Like 3

Is this going to be posted soon?

There's nothing here to see Omega. Red Planet B2 is simply a Hello World test program with four lines of code. Our army of retro coders are still in the process of learning the tools of the trade.

There's low-level rumbling amongst the ranks for exposure to the Forth language next. Our Vice President of Software Development has yet to select a Forth playform.

She mentioned something to me about not knowing which Forth favored game development and optimal access to system resources.

Perhaps you can be of assistance?

She mentioned something to me about not knowing which Forth favored game development and optimal access to system resources.

Perhaps you can be of assistance?

Now answering a question like THAT can get a guy into trouble!

Honestly, I'm not a Forth guy. Sure, I have an fbForth cartridge and the big thick manual printed up, but I don't really touch it. I know fbForth and TurboForth are the two most popular...

sml_gallery_35324_1027_73660.jpgsml_gallery_35324_1027_61721.jpg

gallery_35324_1027_2023.jpg

• Like 1

Now answering a question like THAT can get a guy into trouble!

Honestly, I'm not a Forth guy. Sure, I have an fbForth cartridge and the big thick manual printed up, but I don't really touch it. I know fbForth and TurboForth are the two most popular...

sml_gallery_35324_1027_73660.jpgsml_gallery_35324_1027_61721.jpg

gallery_35324_1027_2023.jpg

Please allow me to at least cover the postage! Thanks for settling the issue ;)