IGNORED

What's the WORST price you've seen on Atari stuff?

totallyterrificpants

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty much any of the "Graded" games

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEC-31-VGA-GRADED-NM-85-ATARI-2600-Adventures-of-Tron-ATARI-Video-Game-System-/291990442343?hash=item43fbfc9167:g:40YAAOSwHoFXq9Rk

You can buy a new copy of Adventures of Tron for like $12, and even in the post he says that it costs more than $40 to grade the games.

And upon further review, I would be interested to see what this seller does for a living, because good god he has some stuff for sale. An entire Lynx, Odyssey, Intellivision collections, amongst other stuff.

• 1 month later...

Funny, last night I came across some guy from japan on ebay that's selling an ultra rare 1977 Atari VCS heavy sixer that was for the japan market. Yes its a real heavy six, looks in pretty good shape, box looks "ok" for the age.... oh wait! The box is in English with americans playing the games. Theres nothing on it that says its specifically made in japan or the Japanese market. Oh wait again..... they didn't see anything from Atari for home use until later in 1983, and it was known as the Atari 2800. It was sleek in design. Hes trying to pass his off as authentic and asking for almost $900. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rarest-ATARI-2600-EVER-Japanese-HEAVY-6er-SIXER-26166-by-EPOCH-B4-2800-/182438629156?hash=item2a7a308f24:g:1ZcAAOSw44BYjs3Y He cant prove to me that's its authentic other than saying he bought it from someone in japan that was the original owner. The S/N doesn't match on the box to the system, and the controllers are just 2 CX-40 controls, not the original CX-10 ones. Check it out before ebay takes him off for putting a false ad on ebay. Lastly, he says none of the Atari 2800 boxes came with Japanese people nor Japanese writing on them. LMAO sad

Funny story at the flea market this weekend. Guy had a stack of loose 2600 games so I asked about a few of them. He looked up the prices on his phone, just googling the name and pulling up random sites to get pricing. Have no clue what site he pulled up, but it claimed that Grand Prix (Activision) was selling for $150. The guy offered to give me a good deal and said he'd take $90 for it, which I politely declined. The site also had Submarine Commander priced at $5, so I'm now the proud owner of a pristine copy of Submarine Commander.

• Like 1

I don't see the $10k price tag.

Well, obviously it was on the end label that was missing, relegating this particular cart to the "ultra rare PAC-Man cart" category. The non-Activision game that has actiplaque pushes it into the "ultra, ultra, ultra rare cart" category. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What made the Atari 2600 more popular now than then?

It may be called The Atari 2600 Game By Game Podcast. (A.K.A. The "Ferg Effect") Of course, that's just baseless conjecture on my part, and I'm sure Ferg would still tell us all the Ferg Effect doesn't actually exist! LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk