IGNORED

How about a Frog Bog League - FBL?

ZillaRUSH

Just as an experiment, in separate games from above, I attempted to see if there was a way to mess up the computer. Player only converts to a computer if the controller is not touched after a period of time. If it is already a computer, you can touch the controller to switch it back to player mode (and leave it sitting there for a while).

The main reason I did this was to see what happens if someone tries to bend the rules a little for our Frog Bog league.

Here's my experiments and what I found:

1. As soon as the computer took over, I tapped on the player 2 controller disc to switch it back to player mode. Thus, the frog sat for a while, jumped once by the computer, and jumped once by me. Repeat as necessary. Result: found that the computer took over about 8 times or about once every ~20 seconds.
  2. Tried setting player 2 frog into "hard mode". In other words, the disc and side buttons control the jump direction and the tongue. The idea was that if player 2 frog it required to jump periodically, could it be made to jump ineffectively and not catch any bugs (and thus a lower score). Result: found that as soon as the computer takes over control of player 2 frog that it is reset into "easy mode". You have to set it back again into "hard mode".
  3. Not tested: does pressing any button prevent the computer from taking over? In comparison, the disc causes player 2 frog to jump, risking it accidentally getting bugs and scoring points.

Did any of this help my league score? Result: no. Time spent paying attention to player 2 frog took time away from my own frog. To minimize the computer's score, you have to pay attention to the time that has passed as well as having it jump when there are few to no bugs on the screen. While I was able to suppress the computer's score, I hurt my own score even worse.

What was a more effective way to suppress the computer's score? Focusing on keeping the screen clear of bugs with my own frog. With fewer bugs to catch, the computer's score went down the better I performed.

In theory, someone could get a 2nd person to operate the player 2 frog and send it into the water all the time to keep it's score at 0.