IGNORED

Atari800MacX macOS Sierra sound not working

Fletch

Mathy is right! If you can gonna make this, please publish your PayPal-me address... You really deserve this.

But wait, Altirra under wine is making big progress! Will send you an e-mail.

On the other hand, the Wiki wouldn't be at the status it is, if Mark didn't made that outstanding job. Even when living under social security, I have donated to him the max before Kagi shut off.

Great! Please go ahead! :-))))

• 2 months later...

Thanks Mr Robot, could brew the emulator and it works fine with sound! :-))))

post-32599-0-96142300-1533518343_thumb.jpg

post-32599-0-09293200-1533518352_thumb.jpg

Took me some time, if you extract the zip file, then in that folder search for the src folder and then go on from there.

Yes, it works and its fine, but if Wade will gonna make us a new version of Atari800MacX with sound, I think the community would be in his debt for ever. At least the the Mac users...

Further, it is a good idea to read the manual, please see attached.

Thank you all. :-))) Great pleasure.

Manual.txt

• Like 1

Atari800 compiles and runs just fine under OSX - I've done it recently, the details are linked above by Mr Robot, it took me minimal effort (30 minutes) get it working (I also did an automator script and associated files)

Altirra on OSX is also great using PlayOn - see this post, near zero effort to get running and full file associations etc

sTeVE

Edited by Jetboot Jack

Hello Steve

Altirra on OSX is also great using PlayOn - see this post, near zero effort to get running and full file associations etc

Let's say I know how to switch the Mac on, how likely would it be that I will be able to get Altirra working under PlayOn?

Sincerely

Mathy

PS I bought my first iMac in 2006 IIRC, so I do know a couple of things about the Mac, but everything outside of "drag this from here to there" and "click on this" gets me in trouble very, very fast.

Hello Roland

Mathy, since nearly 30 years, I know to switch the Mac on, but nothing more.

Yeh, right! Try to fool somebody else. :grin:

Maybe, I can help with a teamviewer session?

Nope! If I can't do it myself, I don't want it. Sorry.

Sincerely

Mathy

• 4 months later...

Hi guys,

on my own time, I've been working on updating the Atari800MacX emulator. My changes are not as extensive as Ripdubski's since I kept SDL 1.2 but I managed to get the sound back working. There is still an issue with full-screen mode and other things, but it is mostly usable right now.

See here a video demo of its current state: https://youtu.be/TwZtZWt5yJs

Cheers

Paulo

www.vintageisthenewold.com

• Like 9

Hi Paulo!

WOW! That is the best start of the year, I ever had! :-)))

Would you be so kind and tell us, what actually you have changed here:

post-32599-0-37851700-1546382801.jpg

Or even better, can you upload the changed file of the path above, so we can include them into our emulators?

In the name of the Mac users THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)) That is a great finding which brings us the full pleasure back! :-)

Thank you Paulo! :-)

Hey luckybuck,

there are many changes I made to the source but to fix the sound I had some patches applied to SDL as well.

I've put a preview of the emulator here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/c7okpakb3xuojq8/Atari800MacX-4.6.1-preview.zip/file

I will be adding the changes to my github repo later on as well.

Cheers

Paulo

• Like 5

Thank you so much! This is great news.

-Kevin

Hi guys,

on my own time, I've been working on updating the Atari800MacX emulator. My changes are not as extensive as Ripdubski's since I kept SDL 1.2 but I managed to get the sound back working. There is still an issue with full-screen mode and other things, but it is mostly usable right now.

Hi All,

I know I've been for the most part silent for the past 4+ years. I've had my head down completing my PhD, and then this fall teaching my first semester of classes as a Computer Science professor.

I finally managed to get enough time over the holidays to make the changes to integrate the new version of libSDL 2.0 into Atari800MacX. The 2.0 version makes wholesale changes to many things, including rendering, sound, and keypresses, so it took me about 2 weeks of effort to make the changes. The good news is that moving to 2.0 should enable the emulator to with stand changes to Mac OSX in future versions, assuming that the library authors keep up with them.

It looks like it was coincidence that people have been busy developing their own fixes around the same time I got time to take a look, and I really appreciate the help, as I have had zero time to do anything the past 4 years.

The changes fix the sound and full screen issues, as well as printer emulation which wasn't working anymore either. Be aware though it is still Alpha quality software, as the amount of testing I have done is limited (although I'm sure all of you can help there :) ).

I'm just waiting for Al to give me new FTP credentials so I can post version 5.0 of AtariMacX to the web site.

Mark

• Like 9

Hey Mark,

that's even better news! I wish I knew you were doing that :) however, I don't think it was a waste the time I spent playing with the source code since I've learned a lot.

If the FTP credentials will take longer, would you mind to send me/us the sources so I can update my own repo with that?

Cheers

Paulo Garcia

Holy cow! What an amazing development. Thank you so very much.

Hi All,

I know I've been for the most part silent for the past 4+ years. I've had my head down completing my PhD, and then this fall teaching my first semester of classes as a Computer Science professor.

I finally managed to get enough time over the holidays to make the changes to integrate the new version of libSDL 2.0 into Atari800MacX. The 2.0 version makes wholesale changes to many things, including rendering, sound, and keypresses, so it took me about 2 weeks of effort to make the changes. The good news is that moving to 2.0 should enable the emulator to with stand changes to Mac OSX in future versions, assuming that the library authors keep up with them.

It looks like it was coincidence that people have been busy developing their own fixes around the same time I got time to take a look, and I really appreciate the help, as I have had zero time to do anything the past 4 years.

The changes fix the sound and full screen issues, as well as printer emulation which wasn't working anymore either. Be aware though it is still Alpha quality software, as the amount of testing I have done is limited (although I'm sure all of you can help there :) ).

I'm just waiting for Al to give me new FTP credentials so I can post version 5.0 of AtariMacX to the web site.

Mark

All,

I'm still waiting to hear from Al on the website FTP, but for now, you can grab the new release from Github if you like:

https://github.com/atarimacosx/Atari800MacX/releases

Please use the issue system there on github to enter issues you find. I will update the main web page when I can, but I may move to using github.iio pages as well in the future.

The source has been moved there as well, at least for 4.6 and 5.0. Paulo has grabbed the source and successfully built it also. Anyone who would like to get involved in future development, please let us know, or just fork the project.

I'll post some general announcements at the top level of the Emulation forum also in the next day or so.

Thanks,
Mark

• Like 5