IGNORED

Atari800MacX macOS Sierra sound not working

Fletch

Hello guys

Call me a nitpicker, but I just found a spelling error/typo: Under "Preferences" it says "confiurations" ("g" is missing). In Paulo's version as well as in Marks version.

Sincerely

Mathy (yes, I know, typos/spelling/grammar/etc. errors are my middle names)

• Like 1

Mathy, thats a good find.

I guess thats been there since a long time then.

I believe it is a good opportunity to suggest us all to start using the Githubs issue tracker for this kind of thing as it makes easier to not forget to fix at some point and maybe release small updates more often.

Cheers

Paulo

• Like 1

Downloaded it....very nice to have this back.

I just noticed some weird behavior with Scramble:

When in the first (attract) screen I push any keyboard key, (except Tab which emulates the joystick's fire button) a distorted sound starts.

When in the menu screen (where you can select the options by pressing the number keys) the options start to toggle "randomly" and constantly when I press one of the number buttons...

Edited by Level42

Level42,

I'm not able to repeat the issues you had with Scramble, either the sound or the keyboard issues. It could be a Preferences difference of some sort that you are seeing it and I am not. If you send me your ~/Library/Preferences/com.atarimac.atari800macx.plist file, I can try it here.

Which kinds of Atari machines are you not able to select? Those are the same Roms I have. You should also open up Preferences, and look at the Roms tab to make sure the correct ROM files are selected there.

Mark

• Like 1

Level42,

I'm not able to repeat the issues you had with Scramble, either the sound or the keyboard issues. It could be a Preferences difference of some sort that you are seeing it and I am not. If you send me your ~/Library/Preferences/com.atarimac.atari800macx.plist file, I can try it here.

Which kinds of Atari machines are you not able to select? Those are the same Roms I have. You should also open up Preferences, and look at the Roms tab to make sure the correct ROM files are selected there.

Mark

Mmmmm, OK so first things first, forget to point to those ROM files...no idea what kind of strange folder were listed...

Selecting between machines often crashes Atari800MacX but not always....like every 4 or 5 switches between machines.....re-opening and then selecting the desired machine works. Seems random. But I can manage to choose the right machine now.

What version of Scramble so you use, the "official" one by Playsoft or the one that was "illegally" converted by Homesoft ?

I just tried the Homesoft conversion and with the new settings for the ROMs the keys only "mumble" for a very short time in the first screen and in the menu screen I can select options just fine. With the version from the original programmer the options seem to toggle extremely quickly when pushing buttons....sometimes I manage to change a setting but it's very tricky...

interesting...

Edited by Level42

This is an odd one. When playing Star Raiders, if I try to activate shields, tracking, the attack computer, anything that toggles on and off with the same key, it turns on, and then right back off. It's like two keypresses are coming through. Does anyone else have this issue?

Hi Cjherr,

libSDL did weird things with their keyboard interface in SDL 2.0. While it may work well for games written from scratch in SDL, it doesn't work well when you are trying to emulate a computer (and do translation for international keyboards).

Try turning on "Use International Keyboard Translation" on the Atari tab of the Preferences. This may be counterintuitive if you are using a US keyboard, but it will not hurt. I've been seeing weird behavior without it from time to time, but I can't pin down what the issue is. I'm really thinking for 5.0.1 to hardcode that option to on.

Mark

• Like 1