IGNORED

Mini Arcade Alert!

simbalion

Wow Super Street Fighter II (premium like SF2CE or standard?) and a handheld too.  DAMN that's tempting, shame SF2CE never got a handheld I'd have bought that.  I do like Super, just never did anywhere near as much as SF2.  While I just don't pop for these really anymore unless it's a killer deal as it's shelf eating, I'd buy that.

• Like 1

Ooooh it's making me wish I still bought a lot of these things.  It's sweet to see SSF2 has SF2CE with it, still have my premium one of that, won't get rid of it, but oooh tempting both the cab and the handheld, I could see owning one.  And Mega Man at the end now that's a really interesting curiosity in the cabinet style, the portable seems pointless since I have other capable stuff that'll just run old NES games nice enough, as nice, or better.  And that yoke is a laughable disaster for Galaga, can't see where that would help make scoring easier but would be cool for TRON or Afterburner.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Ooooh it's making me wish I still bought a lot of these things.  It's sweet to see SSF2 has SF2CE with it, still have my premium one of that, won't get rid of it, but oooh tempting both the cab and the handheld, I could see owning one.  And Mega Man at the end now that's a really interesting curiosity in the cabinet style, the portable seems pointless since I have other capable stuff that'll just run old NES games nice enough, as nice, or better.  And that yoke is a laughable disaster for Galaga, can't see where that would help make scoring easier but would be cool for TRON or Afterburner.

you do realize these are all prototypes.

there's nothing that says they're going to be released.

later

Yes, but largely stuff like that at these shows if they're well responded to will, maybe not all the forms but given what those games are I can't see SSF2 being buried.  The laughable joystick yoke should get shot down in flames as it's equally parts laughable and inaccurate as a waste of space.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Yes, but largely stuff like that at these shows if they're well responded to will, maybe not all the forms but given what those games are I can't see SSF2 being buried.  The laughable joystick yoke should get shot down in flames as it's equally parts laughable and inaccurate as a waste of space.

I actually like the idea of the yoke. It's not appropriate for those specific games, obviously, but I appreciate that they're trying to distinguish the products considering this is the umpteenth mass market variation of those specific games. I do agree with the guy in the video though that it would be better on other games that actually used that type of joystick, but I don't think that really matters on the mass market. They're probably thinking that it will attract more people to it who don't really think about what the original machines had as controllers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

(It double posted for some strange reason. And I suppose instead of "yoke" I think of it more as a flight stick.)

Edited by Bill Loguidice
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

Just curious,but is the Atari 50th Anniversary flashback worth picking up?

Other than the cool box and a few more Atari 2600 games,what's the difference between that and the previous Atari flashback gold?🤔

Besides 10 more games,and 10 years between releases?

9 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

Just curious,but is the Atari 50th Anniversary flashback worth picking up?

Other than the cool box and a few more Atari 2600 games,what's the difference between that and the previous Atari flashback gold?🤔

1 hour ago, wolfy62 said:

Besides 10 more games,and 10 years between releases?

Barnstorming and Moonsweeper have never been released on a previous version between 1-X, there's an Atari 50th Anniversary logo along with gold switches on its console, then unlike the Atari Flashback 9 Gold from 2019, it includes paddle controllers this time.

Edited by TrekkiELO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 5:12 PM, negative1 said:

some miniature accessories.

replicade stools :

embeddable_a109d357-9a13-44fd-abde-f4ed10cca901.jpg

embeddable_426b720b-92eb-4b30-a5b6-1e05836935d0.jpg

embeddable_0e593ee2-3d4d-4c84-a786-4d1c4954fdb5.jpg

later

I purchased one of each,I will have 14 machines soon.

Didn't want to overload my mini arcade with too many or have too few.

I can space them out a little,or purchase more later hopefully if I feel I don't have enough. 

I'll put the stools in here:

Screenshot_20230203_184256_Gallery.jpg

Edited by wolfy62
Added content
  • Like 1

regular sales for food fight is on right now:

Happy Food Fight Day!

Charley Chuck’s Food Fight was released in arcades by Atari back in March of 1983. Fast Forward 40 Years to today & you can purchase our limited-edition Food Fight x RepliCade right now but only while supplies last. 

embeddable_601eebb2-45f4-4c96-b2cd-fda6b

FOOD FIGHT X REPLICADE

This exclusive item is not eligible for any
discount codes or special offers.

$159.99

Buy Now

i went ahead and got the regular one. they have some of the proto artwork available too.

later

| | || | |||| | | || 

ne   g a  tive    1

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the latest machine, ghosts n goblins, ghouls and ghosts,

you can use the coin slots now, there is a collection box, and a miniature fake plug too.

https://newwavetoys.com/products/ghosts-n-goblins-x-replicade

Ghosts 'n Goblins x RepliCade

• Replica Ghosts ‘n Goblins arcade machine in 1/6 scale (12inch)
  • Plays both Ghosts ‘n Goblins + Ghouls ‘n Ghosts arcade ROMs
  • NEW! Coin Op Feature: Insert mini coins to add credits
  • NEW! CRT-FX 2.0 with Reflection Reduction Tech
  • Arcade Operator’s menu with customizable dip switch and cabinet settings
  • Miniaturized control panel featuring Micro-Micro Switch ball-top joystick
  • Plug ‘n Play HDTV and USB controller connectivity
  • Hand crafted cabinet from traditional materials including wood, metal and plastic
  • Illuminated marquee and cabinet accents
  • RepliCade signature amplified mono audio reproduction with volume control and pad lock prop
  • High-resolution cabinet art reproduction on quality 3M vinyl overlays
  • Diecast metal coin doors with lower cash box storage compartment
  • High score saving with non-volatile memory
  • Built-in, high-capacity rechargeable battery
  • Premium LCD color screen 4:3 aspect ratio (horizontal orientation)
  • Officially licensed by Capcom
  • 100-Day New Wave Factory Warranty

later

| | | || | | || 

ne gative   1

Edited by negative1
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, negative1 said:

the latest machine, ghosts n goblins, ghouls and ghosts,

you can use the coin slots now, there is a collection box, and a miniature fake plug too.

https://newwavetoys.com/products/ghosts-n-goblins-x-replicade

Ghosts 'n Goblins x RepliCade

• Replica Ghosts ‘n Goblins arcade machine in 1/6 scale (12inch)
  • Plays both Ghosts ‘n Goblins + Ghouls ‘n Ghosts arcade ROMs
  • NEW! Coin Op Feature: Insert mini coins to add credits
  • NEW! CRT-FX 2.0 with Reflection Reduction Tech
  • Arcade Operator’s menu with customizable dip switch and cabinet settings
  • Miniaturized control panel featuring Micro-Micro Switch ball-top joystick
  • Plug ‘n Play HDTV and USB controller connectivity
  • Hand crafted cabinet from traditional materials including wood, metal and plastic
  • Illuminated marquee and cabinet accents
  • RepliCade signature amplified mono audio reproduction with volume control and pad lock prop
  • High-resolution cabinet art reproduction on quality 3M vinyl overlays
  • Diecast metal coin doors with lower cash box storage compartment
  • High score saving with non-volatile memory
  • Built-in, high-capacity rechargeable battery
  • Premium LCD color screen 4:3 aspect ratio (horizontal orientation)
  • Officially licensed by Capcom
  • 100-Day New Wave Factory Warranty

later

| | | || | | || 

ne gative   1

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. It would have been nice to include the Japanese versions, though.

• Like 1

Ok so I am getting this miniature real arcade. Replicade made a Street Fighter, Qbert. etc.. I wanted the Qbert. But it was limited edition. And they are 150 dollars and not worth it to me. I saw they had the Capcom 1942, and 1943 real arcade roms in a real small cabinet. You can set the real dip switches. It comes with a wireless small controller. and is 90 dollars.

Cool I really like that. Once they are gone they are gone. And I copied and pasted the specs. On Amazon. Look here.

• 1942 X REPLICADE: is a 1/6th scale replica of the ROMSTAR/Capcom 1942 Lowboy arcade machine. This classic Lowboy cabinet features two fully playable, classic arcade games designed by Yoshiki Okamoto: 1942 and 1943: The Battle of Midway. 1942 x RepliCade also features a Japanese-style diecast metal coin mechanism, customizable dipswitch and cabinet settings, HDTV connectivity and a bonus 1943 Mini Arcade Stick for simultaneous two-player gameplay!
  • FEATURES: Authentic wood cabinet construction. Illuminated Marquee. Diecast metal Japanese-style coin slot. Signature amplified multi-speaker audio reproduction with volume control. High score saving with non-volatile memory. Built-in high-capacity rechargeable battery
  • SIZED FOR COLLECTORS: Our 1942 x RepliCade Lowboy cabinet measures 10.4"H x 4.5"W x 5.25"D and weighs 2.4 lbs. This 1/6th scale machine matches your 12-inch collectible figures and fits perfectly on your bookshelf, bar or desk.
  • PREMIUM CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS: Every detail in these amazing works of arcade art has been painstakingly reproduced, including the wood cabinet, illuminated marquee & cabinet accents, diecast metal Japanese-style coin slot, and professionally reproduced cabinet art printed on high quality 3M vinyl overlays.
  • AUTHENTIC GAMEPLAY: 1942 x RepliCade plays just like the arcade classic with PlayScale Control Panel featuring an arcade accurate Mini Joystick and action buttons. The cab also features premium LCD color screen in 3:4 vertical aspect ratio and our signature amplified multi-speaker audio reproduction with volume control for an authentic arcade experience. The Arcade Operator Dip Switch menu allows you to set number of Starting Lives, set Bonus Life score, and set Game Difficulty.

81YAFTJEQrL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Edited by Elvis