IGNORED

Mini Arcade Alert!

simbalion

2 hours ago, Elvis said:

Ok so I am getting this miniature real arcade. Replicade made a Street Fighter, Qbert. etc.. I wanted the Qbert. But it was limited edition. And they are 150 dollars and not worth it to me. I saw they had the Capcom 1942, and 1943 real arcade roms in a real small cabinet. You can set the real dip switches. It comes with a wireless small controller. and is 90 dollars.

Cool I really like that. Once they are gone they are gone. And I copied and pasted the specs. On Amazon. Look here.

• 1942 X REPLICADE: is a 1/6th scale replica of the ROMSTAR/Capcom 1942 Lowboy arcade machine. This classic Lowboy cabinet features two fully playable, classic arcade games designed by Yoshiki Okamoto: 1942 and 1943: The Battle of Midway. 1942 x RepliCade also features a Japanese-style diecast metal coin mechanism, customizable dipswitch and cabinet settings, HDTV connectivity and a bonus 1943 Mini Arcade Stick for simultaneous two-player gameplay!
  • FEATURES: Authentic wood cabinet construction. Illuminated Marquee. Diecast metal Japanese-style coin slot. Signature amplified multi-speaker audio reproduction with volume control. High score saving with non-volatile memory. Built-in high-capacity rechargeable battery
  • SIZED FOR COLLECTORS: Our 1942 x RepliCade Lowboy cabinet measures 10.4"H x 4.5"W x 5.25"D and weighs 2.4 lbs. This 1/6th scale machine matches your 12-inch collectible figures and fits perfectly on your bookshelf, bar or desk.
  • PREMIUM CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS: Every detail in these amazing works of arcade art has been painstakingly reproduced, including the wood cabinet, illuminated marquee & cabinet accents, diecast metal Japanese-style coin slot, and professionally reproduced cabinet art printed on high quality 3M vinyl overlays.
  • AUTHENTIC GAMEPLAY: 1942 x RepliCade plays just like the arcade classic with PlayScale Control Panel featuring an arcade accurate Mini Joystick and action buttons. The cab also features premium LCD color screen in 3:4 vertical aspect ratio and our signature amplified multi-speaker audio reproduction with volume control for an authentic arcade experience. The Arcade Operator Dip Switch menu allows you to set number of Starting Lives, set Bonus Life score, and set Game Difficulty.

81YAFTJEQrL._AC_SX679_.jpg

we talked about it 2 years ago when it came out : 

i like the game, but its not very popular, and they have been trying to sell of the stock, because

it didn't sell well.

later

| || | | || || | |

negat ive      1

I'd take the 1942/1943 over GnG.  I like both about equally, but the shooter pair I'd appreciate more since the difficulty isn't utterly obscene along with being repetitive and picky to get the actual ending.  For something I'd prefer to be more casual about at this rate in life (GnG) I'd rather use something far cheaper.  1942, but much more so 1943 I enjoy to pull up and take a shot it, was one of the last titles I bothered with semi-regularly when I still had the iCade cocktail as it was in the 60 game list.  Street Fighter I missed out on, but getting the premium mini arcade myarcade did worked for me especially in a clearance rack for 1/2 off. :D  It works well, microswitches, good stick and buttons due to that, it's actual arcade roms too not some recoded weirdness.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, negative1 said:

we talked about it 2 years ago when it came out : 

i like the game, but its not very popular, and they have been trying to sell of the stock, because

it didn't sell well.

later

| || | | || || | |

negat ive      1

Really it did not sell well? I will like mine. 

On 3/24/2023 at 11:01 PM, Elvis said:

well, if you can buy it 2 years laters for a cheap cost.

they made way too many, that didn't sell.

most of the games are much more popular and have more fans, and are well known.

i only saw conversions kits of 1942, and never saw an original when it came out.

i never liked 1943, 19xx, etc, etc, too much dependance on the powerups, and i don't like the one life health bar.

later

||| | || | |

neg ative 1

On 3/24/2023 at 10:58 AM, ComputerSpaceFan said:

Great, yet another joystick game that I can already play on my phone.

What happened to the unique control scheme games?

I guess there goes another year my bank account doesn't need to worry about.

Dragon's Lair at least has the little score counter, 1942 has a vertical screen and nifty woodgrain. The GnGs are the most ordinary, vanilla cabs that Replicade have adapted, so it does kind of defeat the purpose of having a unique device. You could put any of a million games into that same box and even the cabinet art isn't much to get excited about. If it were any other such game I'd react the same way you are, but GnG is just one of those handful of games for me.

On 3/24/2023 at 11:01 PM, Elvis said:

Yeah I was surprised myself that the stock's lingering so long. Foot Fight sold out pretty fast and I thought it was relatively obscure. They've done multiple runs of Dragon's Lair (though I missed it again... maybe they'll do yet another someday!). 1942's still a great game to me, although I'm absolutely terrible at it, and 1943's not too shabby either.

On 3/26/2023 at 2:37 PM, negative1 said:

well, if you can buy it 2 years laters for a cheap cost.

they made way too many, that didn't sell.

most of the games are much more popular and have more fans, and are well known.

i only saw conversions kits of 1942, and never saw an original when it came out.

i never liked 1943, 19xx, etc, etc, too much dependance on the powerups, and i don't like the one life health bar.

later

||| | || | |

neg ative 1

4 hours ago, Daj said:

Dragon's Lair at least has the little score counter, 1942 has a vertical screen and nifty woodgrain. The GnGs are the most ordinary, vanilla cabs that Replicade have adapted, so it does kind of defeat the purpose of having a unique device. You could put any of a million games into that same box and even the cabinet art isn't much to get excited about. If it were any other such game I'd react the same way you are, but GnG is just one of those handful of games for me.

Yeah I was surprised myself that the stock's lingering so long. Foot Fight sold out pretty fast and I thought it was relatively obscure. They've done multiple runs of Dragon's Lair (though I missed it again... maybe they'll do yet another someday!). 1942's still a great game to me, although I'm absolutely terrible at it, and 1943's not too shabby either.

I sort of like both games. I played them on the NES and greatest hits disc. I just wanted a arcade from the company. And did not want to pay 150 dollars. I wanted Qubert. But it was too high and limited edition. 

So this one may be my only product from them. It will go good with my Arcade 1ups min arcades that set on a table and my Hallmark Christmas ornaments Arcades. 

• Like 2

I have well as of moments ago HAD that SF2CE unit.

It was both great as a display piece, and play wise an utter piece of shit.  The joystick didn't work right at all completely screwing up basic quarter circles, and that's not even getting into the logic circuit issue I didn't even notice or forgot about.  I got it on clearance 2 years ago for maybe $20 so not a big loss far as I'm concerned to tinker.  I popped it open and worked on the stick for an hour after putting the button colors right I was lazy about before.  I tried to tighten the spring up in various ways, it didn't do any good, still just as sloppy so even a better tension spring won't cut it, it's the molding inside that changed too.  It was both a great and for play utterly terrible device.  It just went in the trash.  If I can't play it right, and I see no reason to sell someone a crap unit, it got where broken crap goes...outside in the bin.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 10:01 PM, Tanooki said:

I have well as of moments ago HAD that SF2CE unit.

It was both great as a display piece, and play wise an utter piece of shit.  The joystick didn't work right at all completely screwing up basic quarter circles, and that's not even getting into the logic circuit issue I didn't even notice or forgot about.  I got it on clearance 2 years ago for maybe $20 so not a big loss far as I'm concerned to tinker.  I popped it open and worked on the stick for an hour after putting the button colors right I was lazy about before.  I tried to tighten the spring up in various ways, it didn't do any good, still just as sloppy so even a better tension spring won't cut it, it's the molding inside that changed too.  It was both a great and for play utterly terrible device.  It just went in the trash.  If I can't play it right, and I see no reason to sell someone a crap unit, it got where broken crap goes...outside in the bin.

They made a new one and fixed the issues and use a new logic board. 

1 hour ago, Elvis said:

They made a new one and fixed the issues and use a new logic board. 

Yeah I know I saw that video that compared the two.  Since it already didn't work well I opened it up and tried to see if I could correct much with the joystick but fiddlign with the spring tension did no good, the plastic molding sucking bad on it was equally to blame as much as the wonky logic circuit too.  I'm out $20 really, don't much care, it made for a nice display piece for a year or two but I wish it had been usable so out it went.  If you can't consistently pull of a simple fireball motion flawlessly repeatedly, it's crap.

9 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

In case anyone is interested, this is probably the best price you will ever see for this!

On the Atgames website, if you use the code in the picture it knocks the price down from $89.99 to $59.99.

Screenshot_20230329_124010_Yahoo Mail.jpg

My apologies and correction, this is on the Arcade1up website!

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, ComputerSpaceFan said:

Much as I like the notion of this kit ain't no way I'm bringing glue anywhere near my Space Invaders. I hope they hear Glen's idea of another version using screws as I'd be more inclined to try that.

It's not that precious to me and I think I'd like the viewing height better. However, the kit costs more than the unit, so that's why I'm personally passing. 

On 4/25/2023 at 7:25 PM, negative1 said:

add on kit for space invaders from myarcade:

later

| || || | || |  |

ne gat ive   1

This is the type of update that keep me watching this thread. I'd love this type of add-on kit for my unit, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...