IGNORED

In desperate need of some SNES repair help...

ghunter07

Howdy. Really hoping someone here can help me out.

I bought an American SNES off Ebay and it came with 2 controllers. I also bought Super Mario World (Eng), Kirby Super Star (JP) and Rockman X (JP) to go with it. Everything was fine until I tried playing Rockman X and noticed an issue with the controller where sometimes while I'm moving or jumping it will randomly switch weapons (it will activate L button even when I'm not touching it). Both controllers had the exact same issue. I tested with Kirby Super Star and it does the same thing, it will very quickly tap the L input even when I'm not touching the button. I get another controller from a local retro shop and exact same issue on that console. So I buy a Super Famicom to test with and get another controller for Rockman X. Exact same issue on both games with the new console and controller. Super Mario World is of course unaffected because the shoulder buttons aren't really used for anything other than the camera, and you need to hold the button for the camera to move.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried cleaning both games but it doesn't do anything and I don't know much about how the contacts work. Any help at all would be appreciated.