IGNORED

Midwest Gaming Classic April 7th-9th,2017

Dan Iacovelli

Is anyone going to be bringing a Coleco ADAM? My ADAM isn't working well, and I want to test my floppy drive out.

I did one year, but the games have a built in screensaver that goes to black if they're left alone for a min or so, so everyone thought the thing was broken so I stopped bringing it. I keep thinking I should bring it back one of these years, but it take up a ton of space and no one really seemed to care about it when I did.

Kind of a random shot in the dark here, but does anybody going to the show happen to have an amber monitor they'd be willing to sell (or trade)? Either composite for Atari/Commodore/etc. (preferably an Amdek 300 or Magnavox Computer Monitor 80, but any similar amber monitor will do) or VGA for IBM/PC (preferably Magnavox PC Monitor 80--I love those things!--but again, anything will do). Shipping is a bastard on vintage monitors

• 2 weeks later...

@BassGuitari-I might be able to get my hands on a small VGA IBM monitor. I have to check it out first. I'll let you know.

Got the tickets purchased and now the clock ticks. My daughter and I are going Saturday for an early birthday gift for her. We've been doing it for maybe four years now. Sunday will be the first time my oldest step sons will go to the show. My younger step kids were a little disappointed but I explained that there are going to be lots of people there and it'd be hard to bring everyone (a grand total of six out of my brood of twelve that I deem "old enough" to go and would be interested). They then understood and were happy that I said I'd take them next year.

The monitor is small, around 6 inches maybe and black and white. Manufactured in 1989. Not sure if that hits your criteria. I didn't fully try it (windows,etc.) but the POST text from a hard driveless PC came up nice and sharp.

If you're interested I'll snag it and do more testing. It's a cute little thing.

The monitor is small, around 6 inches maybe and black and white. Manufactured in 1989. Not sure if that hits your criteria. I didn't fully try it (windows,etc.) but the POST text from a hard driveless PC came up nice and sharp.

If you're interested I'll snag it and do more testing. It's a cute little thing.

It's a B&W VGA monitor? Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen one of those before, unless it was made for a kiosk or something.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the MGC - it's my favorite event every year. I wish there was a website or forum set up to facilitate sales and trades among the showgoers. I've got a decent number of games I'd like to sell, and even if I made a thread at the AtariAge, NintendoAge, SegaAge, and PlaystationAge forums, that wouldn't reach many of the show's attendees.

Does anyone know if something like this exists? Or would it threaten the sales at the vendor tent?

I love the MGC - it's my favorite event every year. I wish there was a website or forum set up to facilitate sales and trades among the showgoers. I've got a decent number of games I'd like to sell, and even if I made a thread at the AtariAge, NintendoAge, SegaAge, and PlaystationAge forums, that wouldn't reach many of the show's attendees.

Does anyone know if something like this exists? Or would it threaten the sales at the vendor tent?

There are SegaAge and PlaystationAge forums now? Jesus.

Anyway, unless you're going to get yourself a booth in the vendor area, threads on forums like this or posts in Facebook groups are probably as good as it's going to get.

EDIT: what kind of things are you selling?

Edited by BassGuitari

Just be sure to act like you came up with the "-Age" first. That's part of the deal. :P

I always wondered why NintendoAge used -Age on the end to begin with. Did they not realize that AtariAge was the name of the magazine? Just adding -age to the end of various systems makes absolutely no sense unless you're just trying to pretend you're somehow related to AtariAge.

• Like 1

I always wondered why NintendoAge used -Age on the end to begin with. Did they not realize that AtariAge was the name of the magazine? Just adding -age to the end of various systems makes absolutely no sense unless you're just trying to pretend you're somehow related to AtariAge.

You'd think they'd have gone with NintendoPower.

But really, SegaAge and PlaystationAge couldn't have come up with anything else? Sega Saga. PZone. Sega Channel (at least that was a thing). Grand Central PlayStation. There's four straight out of my ass. They're terrible, but at least I tried! :-D