IGNORED

FS: System Fairchild (Channel F) homebrew Pac-Man.

e5frog

Latest update April 22nd 2023

Pac-Man Videocart-27

Rerun, the negative series.

US$159 - price includes regular shipping in packing box worldwide and also PayPal fees.

$9 discount if you use friends option!

All included:

Hpim8634.thumb.jpg.9f25ae9474a7e7e1744799c21e078797.jpg

Check reviews in the other clips on YouTube.

Includes box, color labels, back label with serial number, instruction booklet - all in the same style as the late release carts.

As I made the last one, #50, a few years ago I will number these from -1 and backwards.

Payment instructions:
PayPal $159 to: e5frog@gmail.com - feel free to use "friends payment" if you like - questions can be sent to the same address.

If you want to pay via bank transfer that's OK as well, just ask, Swedish people also have the option to use the "Swish" payment service.

Registered shipping is included.

List in order of incoming payments, carts will be made in this order:

-1: Tombstone - Shipped

-5: Tombstone - Shipped

-12: Tombstone (Shipped)

-3: VectrexRoli (REG SHIPPING) - Shipped

-4: lazzeri - Shipped

-2: stupus - (REG SHIPPING) - Shipped

-6: CatPix - (REG SHIPPING) - Shipped

-15: Atari_Bill - Shipped

-11: HoshiChiri - Shipped
-7: hamburgerman - Shipped

-8: hamburgerman - Shipped

-13: Theme Park Review - Shipped
-16: Mats - Shipped
-14: Blazing Lazers - Shipped
-10: Mr Black - Shipped
-9: kelseya - Shipped

-17: toymailman (REG SHIPPING) - Shipped

-18: T. Tholén - Shipped

-19: Shaun - shipped

-20: Chris - shipped

-21: Jeff - shipped

-22: Phil - shipped

-23: William - shipped

-24: Angela - shipped

-25: Flavio - shipped

-26: David - shipped

-27: Anthony - shipped

-28: Daniele - shipped

-29: Brad - shipped

-30: Matthew - shipped

-31: Jason - shipped

-32: Thomas - shipped

-33: Loukas - shipped
-34: Nathaniel - shipped

-35: Aaron - shipped

-36: Nathan - shipped 
-37: George - shipped

-38: Thomas - shipped

-39: Jason - shipped

-40: Joe - shipped

-41: Robb - shipped

-42: Jonathan - shipped

-43: Johnathan - shipped

-44: Mike - shipped

-46: Rick - shipped

-45: Jesse - WHAT'S YOUR ADDRESS?

Questions are welcome.

Edited by e5frog
  • Like 3

I have ordered all electronics parts, currently checking options to get gold plated connectors - would be my first for Fairchild carts. I'm getting them, just haven't decided how much to spend on it.

So it will be a Pac-Man gold edition. ;-)

Sweet! :D :D :D

The rest of the pac family here looks forward to it joining them!

post-26050-0-33304300-1472088102_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Sweet! :D :D :D

The rest of the pac family here looks forward to it joining them!

attachicon.gif20160824_201744.jpg

Wow, great collection you have there! I don´t want to "hijack" this thread, but out of interest, you also have that VFD Pacman game and I cannot read the name on it on the photo. What does it say on your sticker? Here in my country, in Austria, they were Tomy branded and were called "Puckman":

• Like 1

Wow, great collection you have there! I don´t want to "hijack" this thread, but out of interest, you also have that VFD Pacman game and I cannot read the name on it on the photo. What does it say on your sticker? Here in my country, in Austria, they were Tomy branded and were called "Puckman":

https://youtu.be/89Ex3jt5YQ0

Hey!

Thanks :) pac man has always been one of my favorite games!

My unit is called munchman. Then on top the pacman cab I have a mini tabletop arcade which is a puck man ;)

The munchman is by grandstand if I recall correctly. I can't say for sure if it's a usa release or not offhand.

I have had it along time and don't recall where I picked it up. :)

• Like 2

Pac-Man cartridges - Videocart 27 rerun.

US$95 - price includes regular shipping in packing box worldwide and PayPal fees.

Hpim8634.jpg

See above image from previous batch.

Check reviews in the other clips on YouTube.

Includes box, color labels, back label with serial number, instruction booklet - all in the same style as the late release of carts.

As I made the last one, #50, a few years ago I will number these from -1 and backwards.

16 carts are available in this batch.

Payment instructions:

PayPal $95 to: e5frog@gmail.com - feel free to use "friends payment" if you like - questions can be sent to the same address.

If you want to pay via banktransfer that's OK as well, just ask, Swedish people also have the option to use the "Swish" payment service.

Registered shipping is available for $18 extra, so that's $113 for one including registered shipping

First delivery is expected in 4-6 weeks.

List of available carts (name or alias means it's bought you can grab any free number you like)

-1: Tombstone

-2: Tombstone

-3: VectrexRoli (REG SHIPPING)

-4: lazzeri

-5: stupus

-6: CatPix

-7:

-8:

-9:

-10:

-11: HoshiChiri

-12:

-13:

-14:

-15: Atari_Bill

-16:

Questions are welcome.

If anyone wants the -2 game I am fine with that. I'd hate to hog both of the top two numbers!

Funny, I already own one of these but I am excited to get these two. Thank you E5Frog. This is easily the best game on the console. Is Ms. Pac-Man possibly on the horizon???

• Like 1

Swapped.

Ms. Pac-Man... might be possible, I know it just requires some chip changes to convert one arcade machine to the other. Tim Ryan made some excellent programming to make it easy to set up different screens - before realizing Pac-Man has the same gamefield all the time. Might require a lot more than expected to catch all the little details that differ.
I may look into it when in the mood. ;-)

Half of the carts sold in three days!

I got some caps that were longer than expected, luckily the boards aren't processed yet as I had a prototype board made at work (that they f*cked up) and wanted to check that all was working OK before spending the $hundreds on a set of gold plated ones. I'm getting a new prototype board(s) on Monday. I made a few changes so the same problem won't happen again - even if it shouldn't be a problem normally.
There wasn't anything actual wrong with the previous board, with some more experience working in the PCB business I couldn't help notice a few things that I wanted to change and suddenly it was a much better looking board with just half (or so) the amount of vias. Which is the reason for this prototype.
Made some changed to the board for the caps, will solder the single board on Monday evening probably and send the PCB order as soon as functionality is confirmed.

Also got one of the IC:s from a Swedish supplier, bought all components from European sellers so there should be no two months waiting for parts.

As I'm waiting anyway, I added logos on the sharp version, teaser:
123.png

• Like 2

Swapped.Ms. Pac-Man... might be possible, I know it just requires some chip changes to convert one arcade machine to the other. Tim Ryan made some excellent programming to make it easy to set up different screens - before realizing Pac-Man has the same gamefield all the time. Might require a lot more than expected to catch all the little details that differ. I may look into it when in the mood. ;-)Half of the carts sold in three days!I got some caps that were longer than expected, luckily the boards aren't processed yet as I had a prototype board made at work (that they f*cked up) and wanted to check that all was working OK before spending the $hundreds on a set of gold plated ones. I'm getting a new prototype board(s) on Monday. I made a few changes so the same problem won't happen again - even if it shouldn't be a problem normally. There wasn't anything actual wrong with the previous board, with some more experience working in the PCB business I couldn't help notice a few things that I wanted to change and suddenly it was a much better looking board with just half (or so) the amount of vias. Which is the reason for this prototype. Made some changed to the board for the caps, will solder the single board on Monday evening probably and send the PCB order as soon as functionality is confirmed.Also got one of the IC:s from a Swedish supplier, bought all components from European sellers so there should be no two months waiting for parts. As I'm waiting anyway, I added logos on the sharp version, teaser:123.png

So count me in for 2 Ms. Pac-Mans then. Frogger awaits after that......

Not sure this gig pays enough to do requested work, needs some enjoyment if you want to spend all your spare time for months. ;-)

I have thought about Frogger a few times, it might be possible, depends on the size of the graphics. If anyone wants to make a screen mockup, feel free to do so. About 102x58 pixels stretched to 4:3 aspect, colors are available here:
Fairchild_Channel_F_test_picture.png

Light colors are background, one can per set per pixel line, red green blue are plot colors - they all turn white on that row if black background is chosen.

Edited by e5frog
  • Like 1

Not sure this gig pays enough to do requested work, needs some enjoyment if you want to spend all your spare time for months. ;-)

I have thought about Frogger a few times, it might be possible, depends on the size of the graphics. If anyone wants to make a screen mockup, feel free to do so. About 102x58 pixels stretched to 4:3 aspect, colors are available here: Fairchild_Channel_F_test_picture.png

Light colors are background, one can per set per pixel line, red green blue are plot colors - they all turn white on that row if black background is chosen.

I'm just teasing of course. The fact that Pac Man exists on the Fairchild is good enough for me.

Added -17, me shrinking the PCB size by moving the edge 1,5mm resulted in smaller area and one more PCB - nice!

Got some more components today, missing one type of logic chip and PCB:s before I can start soldering.

Three left now.

Edited by e5frog
  • Like 1

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Status-report:
Was down at work yesterday and picked up the prototype card of my nice-looking smaller PCB, noticed that there was some errors but didn't understand why until I got home and checked the Gerber-files. I had forgotten to include the excellon drill file when zip:ing it up with changes made to prevent the same disaster as last time - not that there was anything wrong with my initial files - if they messed it up the same way this time it would still be OK.
Seems my collegue got creative and picked the drill file from the previous version... it fit fine, almost. Three via holes outside the pads, one slightly off center - but it was doable, a few wires and I'd know if it was OK or not.

Soldered it tonight, on the ITT in the livingroom, this nice and small unit - no warning bells ringing...
Didn't work, tried a few times more - f n c k - what now!?
Went upstairs, tried it in the US Channel F II - nope.
Made sure console worked and it did.

So, I started looking for the problem, first checking the chips, eprom was OK, one logic chip was not will keep checking the rest and decide what to do about it, could be the ITT frying it because of bad design - had similar problems with the Multi-Cart before redesigning that one so unless it was just a bad logic chip I'll redesign Pac-Man to a safer board as well - or if I'm lazy I'll just go with the previous version but that would be admitting defeat.
Other possible errors could be a defective PCB, defective ITT, bad memory controller - or bad CAD:ing - I'll figure it out.

• Like 1