IGNORED

Omnitrend's Universe (v. 1.2) hyperspace booster...

DavidMil

Anyone know how to find the missing hyperspace booster? After 32 years, I discovered that two of the four disks still worked. Filled in the gaps from Atarimania's sight and started over. I've got plenty of money and ore, I just don't know where to start looking!

Thanks,

David

DavidMil,

I must admit that I was never able to complete this game, but my understanding is that you have to play it at least past the point where you ship is paid off before the booster's location is revealed. How much farther and what other criteria you must meet, I don't know.

Russ

Well, I just typed a highly intelligent, amazing reply to both of you and was about to post it when it just disappeared! About six lines of jabber, Gone!

So I'll try it again, but keep it shorter...

I had a lot of notes in my original manual, so it was easy to start over a week ago. The ship is paid for and I've got lots of ore and credits, Just no leads.

I'd like to tell my 42 year old son that after 32 years I finally finished the game. We both worked on the game a lot together when he was about 10.

Thank you both and I'll post a final answer if I figure it out!

David

• Like 1

I loved this game so much. yIt is on my list to play again as well. IS your manual with notes able to be scanned so that others my learn from your experiences??

Thanks for the link for the manual. I did buy the game back in the day.. but when my original atari hoard was sold off.. that went with it.. god I loved that box et al.

James

I never got any further than I am now. But I'll post what I have. Mainly it concerns buying the best ship and getting credits quickly without getting: blown to pieces, crashing on a planet, being left behind when you shuttles leave, running out of ore IV, or starving to death. The info also included using two drives so as to cut way down on disk swaps, and

a set of coordinates for the fasted hyper drive jumps. Give me a day or so and I'll post what I have in a pdf file.

David

As promised, here is a compilation of what I had learned. Again this is only enough to get started. I didn't add anything about pirating, or mining, or buying and selling stuff, or exploring other systems. I never found anything interesting about the drive in my exploration. If you find something please let me know.

Thanks,

David Milsop

Kingwood, Texas

Omnitrend's Quick Start.pdf

• Like 1

Thanks David, added to my collection so to be available in case links die.

I was never a player of these mega games, too busy but I found the magic of them like the Infocom stuff was what you didn't see with your eyes but created in your mind because of the superb writing, The same thing with Universe, although the Atari is a lovely little machine the ability to show mega craft etc isn't anywhere as good as the ability to read the text and create that ship in your head.

When done right these types of programs can be amazing and stunning...

• Like 1