IGNORED

Worst Jaguar cartridge title?

WozzyCat

I think I played Club Drive at just the right time, cause I remember thinking it was cool to play a racing / driving game that allowed free roam in a 3D space. Not sure what came before that did that, but I think Club Drive was the first for me.

Stunts on the PC is the first I recall that in that genre.

• Like 1

So what's missing? Please try to put it into words, I'm genuinely curious

Why are you so bothered, you seem have a real problem with his personal opinion.

Its his opinion, he has no need whatsoever to justify it to anyone, which is what you seem to want him to do.

• Like 1

Why are you so bothered, you seem have a real problem with his personal opinion.

Its his opinion, he has no need whatsoever to justify it to anyone, which is what you seem to want him to do.

I'm hardly "bothered," but he said it had "no soul" and is not fun. I think it's a great rendition of the old game, and technically superior. Minter himself has written up some great impressions of remakes, most notably Tempest X, outlining what seems to be missing, using words to express these thoughts.

No one has to justify their opinion to me, likewise no one has to get pissy when I ask for clarification of a one-word dismissal of something I like.

• Like 1

post-4709-0-28619700-1472397232.jpg

Going with what I think was originally intended for this thread, I'd say "Fight For Life" always sounded like Inglish, like a non-English person trying to speak English. Seems as if it should have been "Fight for your Life" instead.

Zoop, never thought of that as Zebra poop but makes sense.

"Braindead 13" doesn't say what the game is about off hand.

The rest are generally alright.

Edited by doctorclu
  • Like 2

Going with what I think was originally intended for this thread, I'd say "Fight For Life" always sounded like Inglish, like a non-English person trying to speak English. Seems as if it should have been "Fight for your Life" instead.

Well it could be "A Fight for Life". It doesn't have to be your own.

Would've been awesome to see Heretic, Spear of Destiny or heck, even Corridor 7. Jaguar seems to be my go to system for old school FPS.

You might want to pick up a N64.

According to here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_first-person_shooters

PS1 still wins, N64 second (but with Daikatana I am not sure) and then the Sat, but they do not list Doom for Jag so what do they know? :grin:

But I agree the N64 has quite the share with 4 Turok(s), Perfect Dark, 007 etc...

For me, the worst Jaguar game is Checkered Flag. The game is just a complete mess. Even Supercross 3D is more enjoyable. This is such a well worn topic though. We all know that Checkered Flag, Club Drive, Double Dragon V, Supercross 3D, and WMCJ are the bottom rung of the Jaguar library. Although, I will say that WMCJ can be fun with a teamtap, three friends and a few IPAs.

• Like 2