IGNORED

Boulder Dash is back in stock in case anyone missed out

Rev

Sure, sure. ;)

You know, quit being an asshole. Every explanation has been posted here describing the end of sales for Boulder Dash. Your comment only stirs the pot of how YOU FEEL about Elektronite and William. Using a smiley face does nothing to make it funny or a joke.

You know, quit being an asshole. Every explanation has been posted here describing the end of sales for Boulder Dash. Your comment only stirs the pot of how YOU FEEL about Elektronite and William. Using a smiley face does nothing to make it funny or a joke.

It wasn't a joke, and it wasn't a smiley face, it was a wink. Don't worry, we believe the story. Sure. ;)

Rev,

Thanks for letting people know that if they were 'late to the party' that it is still possible to obtain a copy of the game through reselling.

However, please request a title change for this thread.

I'd appreciate it if people don't refer to resales as being 'back in stock' as it implies (incorrectly) that the game is being manufactured and sold again. (It is not)

Aside from a literal 'handful' of promotional copies, there are a finite number of copies 'out there' and they are all controlled by serial numbers. It would be very easy for First Star to verify if more copies than sold before August 15th, 2016 are being circulated. Since I wish to keep on good terms with First Star Software, to ensure that we can do more deals in the future, (not to mention not wanting to be sued), I have no intention of continuing to manufacture and sell the game.

For those who have not been following along, we encouraged EVERYONE to buy copies of the game before the deadline and that INCLUDED resellers/speculators. Tim has a website dedicated to selling rare Intellivision games. Why WOULDN'T he buy a few to resell when this is a rare collectible? There are a few others out there with multiple copies with the intention to resell as well.

To imply that there is something underhanded going on is just frankly, shit disturbing. But, par for the course with the individual involved.

• Like 2

I have no horses in this race, but if Soulbuster bought like 10 copies to resell it would go virtually unnoticed. If he bought 50+ copies, it seems more like the old switcheroo. That said, I suppose any of us could have easily done the same. Carry on.

Why would I care if he bought 50+ copies, except to say 'yippee'? I was the one with considerable investment in the said game, and I would have really been happy if you had bought 50+ copies Jason, but I know you didn't.

There is no 'old switcheroo'......First Star knows how many copies sold. End of story. Indeed, carry on.

You won't see me selling my ONE copy either. I DO have the game on my LTO Flash!, however.

So, who has the highest serial number, and what is it? :D

Maybe I'm a bit out to lunch, but I'd be incredibly surprised if Tim DIDN'T buy up a bunch of copies before they stopped being officially sold. That's what he does!

He did, and it was appreciated.

I would have to get permission from First Star Software to release sales numbers.