IGNORED

With a Bit of work, Clubdrive would have made a good Hard Drivin game

AtariORdead

Maybe it was just the simple graphics that reminded me of hard Drivin, I don't know.

I used to love Hard drivin and Race Drivin, and looking at club drive I just wondered with a bit of work why they did not just make it into a Hard Drivin game.

It would at least have a bit of brand recognition.

But then I still don't understand why they did a versionof Stun runner for the lynx and not the Jaguar, that seemed like a perfect fit to me.

• Like 1

With a bit more 'work'..Club Drive could of lived up to it's potential as a pure fun, 2 player experience...and wasn't it supposed to use the Jaguar Voice Modem as well?, so i assume it was a title Atari initally had high hopes for...

Maybe with Hard Drivin being out on the ST and Lynx (though despite it's technical excellence, i've personally never felt the game itself was well suited to the Lynx hardware, so much of the arcade experience is lost when playing on a small screen), Atari felt they wanted to put some distance between the established brand...maybe?.

Jaguar offering experiences you'd only find on the home console?.

It is odd though as Atari seemed unsure which direction to go with, marketing wise, they wanted 'The Brand Names' so Tempest 2000, Defender 2000, Checkered Flag which had started out (and been initally advertised ) as Redline Racing...

Space War 2000 also in inital advertising along with Battlezone 2000 (but then you've only to look at how they reacted to HMS's Polygon 3D version of Lynx Battlezone 2000...) and that seemed to morph into Hover Strike (which even with it's crippling flaws, i bloody loved on cartridge)...then we had Breakout 2000....

But then there have been claims Atari Marketing Execs weren't keen on the whole 2000 branding as it was...

There were a lot of games Atari could of updated on Jaguar, which were well known to Atari fans from arcades and home computers/consoles...

Stun Runner would of been ideal or even an updated version of Powerdrome, if Atari wanted an F-Zero-esq title of it's own, prior to Sony's Wipeout hitting...

ST Stun Runner was awful, Lynx bloody fantastic.

Then you've likes of Jeff Minter talking of how a Virus 2000 (Zarch on A3000) would of been ideally suited, how he'd liked to of attempted Sinistar, but he'd of had to of run that past the 'boss dude'....

Missile Command 3D's Martin Brownlow had wanted to do Marble Madness 2000 on Jaguar instead...

At the end of the day, when you look back at decisions Atari made regarding Jaguar..budgets and cart sizes cut, texture-mapping thrown in, even when they knew it'd cripple frame rate, projects moved from CD to Cart, coder concerns ignored, titles rushed to production, sometimes your just thankful for the handful of quality titles you did get.....

Can you just do a search and replace for 'of' with 'have' before you post please? I'm sure it'll cause some errors, but it'll correct many more than it causes.

Not sure what you mean?

Take a big breath of air, and then read Lost Dragon post under yours.

Then open vi, cut'n'paste the post, type /s/of/have and read it again, CJ postulates that the second time it "would of" less grammar errors.

EXAMPLE:

"but he'd of had to of run" --- /s/of/have/ ---> "but he'd have had to have run"

Take a big breath of air, and then read Lost Dragon post under yours.

Then open vi, cut'n'paste the post, type /s/of/have and read it again, CJ postulates that the second time it "would of" less grammar errors.

EXAMPLE:

"but he'd of had to of run" --- /s/of/have/ ---> "but he'd have had to have run"

Exactly this. Some people just can't grasp the correct use of perfect tenses.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...