IGNORED

Spaceman Splorf - new game coming soon!

Sdw

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Keep at it guys! The Golden Spanner Brotherhood could use more members.

<Edit> @Karl GCongrats on achieving your patch

Thanks! I've never tried for a high score in any game ever, mainly because I'm generally not very good at reflex games. This one is particularly addictive, though, and retries feel mostly stress-free.  ? 

• Like 1

I finally achieved the score needed for a patch! I almost gave up after scoring 3,971 because my thumb was tired but I switched hands and played a few more games. Turns out that I'm a little better with my right thumb lol.

IMG_4252.thumb.JPG.3c4a15d2b8457ca7bd0a6158a15fb795.JPG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We'll be trying for the Patch Challenge #2 of 8000+ Points for Spaceman Splorf on today's (Wed Jul 22) ZeroPage Homebrew stream LIVE on Twitch at 11AM PT | 2PM ET | 6PM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

906042184_20200722-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.4cc221f91d0fc90a007e0e1ae5718a25.jpg

11 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

We'll be trying for the Patch Challenge #2 of 8000+ Points for Spaceman Splorf on today's (Wed Jul 22) ZeroPage Homebrew stream LIVE on Twitch at 11AM PT | 2PM ET | 6PM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

I did it!! Woohoo! Got a score of 9364 points on today's livestream!

Link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/687782788?t=01h36m03s

image.thumb.png.ba2f958d278a32afabaf43b07be151c4.png

• Like 2

I just reviewed the video, looking for pattern. And they exist for sure. Not at the very beginning, but after ~3000 (probably when the game has reached maximum speed), they start repeating. Attached are three shots from one game and one shot from another game.

Pattern1_1.png

Pattern1_2.png

Pattern1_3.png

Pattern2_1.png

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

I just reviewed the video, looking for pattern. And they exist for sure. Not at the very beginning, but after ~3000 (probably when the game has reached maximum speed), they start repeating. Attached are three shots from one game and one shot from another game.

Oh wow, good eye Thomas! It was probably easier to store the pattern in ROM than to check for a safe path at all times using random placement. The fact that I didn't recognize the pattern while playing means it's probably good enough for the casual observer to feel as if there's no pattern.

Since there's a repeating pattern only 32 seconds apart, it means you could easily chart out a 'best path', practice it and possibly keep playing forever as the speed maxes out pretty quickly.

- James

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, pseudografx said:

I guess the game cannot be downloaded anywhere? There's a mention at the authors' website that it will be "COMING SOON as free download," but I did not find it anywhere.

35 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

I think @ZeroPage Homebrew has a ROM since he played the game in his show some time ago. But since then, I haven't seen the game anymore. :sad: 

I do have the binary (and the cart) but it's probably best to reach out to them as they will have to be the ones to post it.

There's links to their various social media on their website: https://pondsoft.uk/

EDIT: You might want to also reach out to Packrat as they may have a way to contact the developers: https://packratvg.com/splorf.html

- James

• Thanks 1